What is this about?

Ron Mexico

31 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Haven't seen this posted elsewhere. If it has then @hhcmatt please feel free delete or move to the appropriate thread.

What a joke man.  Move on bro.  Arop isn’t even playing in his current league.  Just face it that Miles did the right thing.

Edited by hskr4life

This is what it is.  Chubick used to post here way back in the day and up until the Aguek signing went sideways he regularly appeared on 93.7 so it's almost definitely about Aguek. 

The sad part about all of this is how unnecessary it was from either side because we always had scholarships.

All I know is what I read on the forums (I don't have any local knowledge, but that's another matter :Redface:), but I've always had the impression that Chubick got Butt Hurt when MIles was named coach at Nebraska and wasn't deferential enough to the Omaha schools to suit him, and wouldn't steer any of his players to UNL  (maybe the Biggs dismissal was a part of it, idk).

Anyway, I remember thinking that, if correct, that was a hell of a way to react, in fact doing his players a disservice by ignoring one of the major universities in the state as a possible destination; all because he had an axe to grind.

17 hours ago, Red Don said:

All I know is what I read on the forums (I don't have any local knowledge, but that's another matter :Redface:), but I've always had the impression that Chubick got Butt Hurt when MIles was named coach at Nebraska and wasn't deferential enough to the Omaha schools to suit him, and wouldn't steer any of his players to UNL  (maybe the Biggs dismissal was a part of it, idk).

Anyway, I remember thinking that, if correct, that was a hell of a way to react, in fact doing his players a disservice by ignoring one of the major universities in the state as a possible destination; all because he had an axe to grind.

Which is odd because when Miles was at CSU, he had 4 players from Nebraska on his final roster there.  There is 3 sides to every story.  Miles, Chubbik, and the truth.

7 minutes ago, Bill Self's Toupee said:

Ain't that the truth!  That's why I really try (not successfully enough) to temper my reaction when I read or hear strongly positive or negative comments about Husker sports - including players, coaches and AD personnel.

Yeah, I don't blame Chubick for venting. It did no one else any good, but it probably felt good to him. He has since deleted the tweet, but ppl saw it. It's a bit eye-opening for some, but not to those who live in the Omaha area. Bruce Sr & Jr have been fairly firm in their disdain for how Aguek Arop got his schollie "yanked" (their words). It's a two-way street. Bruce Jr is certainly entitled to his opinion on the matter, it still doesn't mean it is the "full truth" in this situation. Oh well, we move on.... Fred and the Big Red !!!!

13 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I get where Bruce was coming from though....super pissed the school that I'm sure he genuinely loved seemed to be jerking around a kid he does genuinely love.  He tweets stuff about Aguek all the time and is always going to blame Miles for him not going there even if it's not that cut and dry.

Yeah, that's a comment you share with a tight circle in the locker-room. It kind of disappointed me that B.C. shared it. Glad he figured out that it was best left unsaid, in the end. GBR !!!

13 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I get where Bruce was coming from though....super pissed the school that I'm sure he genuinely loved seemed to be jerking around a kid he does genuinely love.  He tweets stuff about Aguek all the time and is always going to blame Miles for him not going there even if it's not that cut and dry.

Bruce's dad could have handled it a bit better. If HS coach tells player "hey, college coach has a point here" there might have been a different outcome. Obviously, it didn't bother the Arops as much as it bothered the Chubicks.