Filling Out a Staff.

Just now, hhcmatt said:

With all due respect, do you know how twitter works because if you do why are you posting some inflammatory crap from some guy who made up an account last month to burn down everything related to St Johns?

Do I know how twitter works?  Yes.  Why did I post it?  Because I saw the tweet and shared it on a Nebraska basketball message board.  The tweet was about Nebraska.  I didn't say anything negative about Matt at all.  I said it was a little worrying that #fbi was in there and that I hope we don't go down that hole.  That's still the case.  I hope we don't go down that hole.

9 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

No that's me i put Lewis' stuff in italics to differentiate 

Holy crap.  There are some pretty HUGE implications to what Lewis is saying there.  

I just listened to it; starts at about the 10:00 mark of what Dimes posted.  What would you change? What would you tweek?  Just get the roadblocks out of my way so we can sign "very admittable" kids … and that's probably the best thing that comes out of this coaching change -- is an administration that gets out of the way of the coaches and, if doesn't actively help them, at least doesn't hinder them?

Wow.

32 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

Has this been mentioned? I know this is something people have wanted. 

There can't be any REAL traction here. Right? Genuinely curious

This would be incredible.  Doc on staff would mean we can recruit straight up gunners on offense bc his defensive coaching—particularly in transition—is as good as anyone in the country.  We’d have a bunch of shooters become serviceable defenders.   Great PR hire as well.  And he wouldn’t really have to recruit with two recruiting monsters already on staff.  Wow.  

38 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Holy crap.  There are some pretty HUGE implications to what Lewis is saying there.  

I just listened to it; starts at about the 10:00 mark of what Dimes posted.  What would you change? What would you tweek?  Just get the roadblocks out of my way so we can sign "very admittable" kids … and that's probably the best thing that comes out of this coaching change -- is an administration that gets out of the way of the coaches and, if doesn't actively help them, at least doesn't hinder them?

Wow.

After thinking about what Lewis was saying …

1) He's probably happy for the opportunity to be a little more candid about things than if he still had a job to protect; and

2) Marc Boehm may have been more of the reason why things didn't flourish here than I would have suspected.