Filling Out a Staff.

15 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

I get Lutz has the special assistant title, but do we still have 1 more spot open and he will take more of a player development role?

I like keeping Gates. So we have our two recruiters- Matt and Armon. 

Either Lutz takes the 3rd spot and helps with defense or we bring in someone else?

39 minutes ago, imnothipp said:

believe he was NBA D League. Not 100% sure. Last college gig was at NC State as assistant HC

Yup, that's right though specifically he was in the NBA D League with the Bulls.  That was 2017...he was unemployed in 2018.

Otherwise, his name is pronounced "lootz".  I wasn't aware until Hoiberg said it today.

On 4/7/2019 at 10:31 AM, hskr4life said:

This board is full of "anonymous sources" so I am happy to share what I know.

I will continue to do so, even if that means sharing something that isn't all rainbows and butterflies.  

Bump.  

Still curious as to what you have heard in the rumor mill since you are happy to share. 

2 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Already have 3 with Freddy, Matt, and Armon who have all been hard at work since Hoiberg named HC on Mar. 30th. GBR !!!

Auroran - We have, but since it kind of went radio silence on Gates for a bit I wasn't sure if he was still on the road when possible.  Will be nice to have both Matt and Armon out there!

17 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Still curious as to what you have heard in the rumor mill since you are happy to share. 

Yeah. Are we talking wife beating, shoplifting, offering money for player commitments?  Or maybe smaller stuff?  Or is it worse than all that?  

And remember: falsely accusing someone of a crime can be libel and slander, even as to public figures.  But hey . . . share away.

18 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Bump.  

Just now, Swan88 said:

Yeah. Are we talking wife beating, shoplifting, offering money for player commitments?  Or maybe smaller stuff?  Or is it worse than all that?  

And remember: falsely accusing someone of a crime can be libel and slander, even as to public figures.  But hey . . . share away.

Let's just say that I knew Marc was going to be stepping back.  @Norm Peterson post about us being clean was on the right track as to why Marc might be stepping back.  My source let me know a few days before the news broke, but wanted me to remain silent until it became public.  Some people aren't happy with the hire of Abdelmassih and were against him being hired onto staff.  Hopefully what I am hearing about him and how he is perceived in the recruiting world is moot and overblown.  I would never wish ill on my Huskers.  So my source knew of the impending Boehm news before it broke publicly.  I will continue to share, as I have said, what I can and when.  You can like it, dismiss it, laugh at it, be upset with it... I don't care.  

1 hour ago, colhusker said:

Auroran - We have, but since it kind of went radio silence on Gates for a bit I wasn't sure if he was still on the road when possible.  Will be nice to have both Matt and Armon out there!

Yeah, they've both been out recruiting. And that's a good thing. Will be interesting to see who will be the 3rd assistant.

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 6:12 PM, hskr4life said:

Someobe seems a little on the jealous side.  However, it’s a little worrying that the #fbi was in there.  I hope we don’t start going down that hole.

I haven't seen anywhere that the FBI was in to investigate St. John's. I looked for a link.  Do you have anything or is it based on the tweet you copied/pasted?

Just now, Norm Peterson said:

I haven't seen anywhere that the FBI was in to investigate St. John's. I looked for a link.  Do you have anything or is it based on the tweet you copied/pasted?

Haven't seen or heard anything about the FBI getting involved with Matt, St. Johns, or us.  Just saw the #fbi in this tweet and from what I know about he is perceived on the recruiting trail.  Like I said in that post, hopefully it was just someone being jealous.

50 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Let's just say that I knew Marc was going to be stepping back.  @Norm Peterson post about us being clean was on the right track as to why Marc might be stepping back.  My source let me know a few days before the news broke, but wanted me to remain silent until it became public.  Some people aren't happy with the hire of Abdelmassih and were against him being hired onto staff.  Hopefully what I am hearing about him and how he is perceived in the recruiting world is moot and overblown.  I would never wish ill on my Huskers.  So my source knew of the impending Boehm news before it broke publicly.  I will continue to share, as I have said, what I can and when.  You can like it, dismiss it, laugh at it, be upset with it... I don't care.  

Lewis was on 1620 talking about what he would change or tweek at Nebraska (starting at the 9 minute mark)

==========================================================

He said having the right administrative resources (not $$$)

Talking about if he needs to make a change, add a staff member, get a kid who is very admit-able (Emphasized this). If something happens with that individual, that's on him.  "I don't need roadblocks...I need someone who is trying to get this program where it needs to go...and that could be the best thing that could come here of this coaching change" 

I'm not asking to skirt rules or doing anything illegal...allow me to run my program and don't put any road blocks in the way.

==========================================================

So I see we have a guy coming to campus this Saturday with a pending court case.  Maybe he comes here or maybe he doesn't.  Does he even get on campus if Marc Boehm is still involved with oversight?  Does he even get on campus if Tim Miles is still the head coach?

Just now, hskr4life said:

Haven't seen or heard anything about the FBI getting involved with Matt, St. Johns, or us.  Just saw the #fbi in this tweet and from what I know about he is perceived on the recruiting trail.  Like I said in that post, hopefully it was just someone being jealous.

In the tweet, you said "it's a little worrying that the #fbi was in there." I was just asking clarification. You're saying you haven't seen anything linking FBI and Matt A or St. John's, just what was in that tweet, correct?  Thanks

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

With all due respect, do you know how twitter works because if you do why are you posting some inflammatory crap from some guy who made up an account last month to burn down everything related to St Johns?

1 minute ago, hhcmatt said:

So I see we have a guy coming to campus this Saturday with a pending court case.  Maybe he comes here or maybe he doesn't.  Does he even get  on campus if Marc Boehm is still involved with oversight?  Does he even get on campus if Tim Miles is still the head coach?

I'm not exactly sure who has been in charge of oversight or admissions of this university but how many guys have we missed out on over the last 5+ years because of death by oversight?  We have a guy with a pending court case coming here this Saturday. Does he

Is this Lewis speaking or you speculating about stuff?  Not sure if the above passage is you summarizing what Lewis said or not.  thanks