Filling Out a Staff.

No idk the validity of this statement, but I have heard that Hoiberg has talked to Dwyane Wade about joining the staff in some capacity, whether as an assistant or in some type of players relation role.

Anybody who is connected hear anything like this or am I way off base?

3 minutes ago, khoock said:

No idk the validity of this statement, but I have heard that Hoiberg has talked to Dwyane Wade about joining the staff in some capacity, whether as an assistant or in some type of players relation role.

Anybody who is connected hear anything like this or am I way off base?

I would think that he would want him. And I would think that Dwayne would have some interest. 

1 hour ago, GoBigFred said:

I would think that he would want him. And I would think that Dwayne would have some interest. 

I would love to get Wade but I can't believe he and his wife would want to move to Lincoln, even with her ties to Nebraska. Not many in her line of work based around here. 

Maybe the baby changes that.

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

Will be real interested to see who the 3rd person will be because I do not know. If someone else does, shoot your shot.

I was jumping to conclusions here as I assumed that Henry would be an assistant but maybe he will be in a developmental role. He was only an assistant at ISU for one year so no idea on his recruiting ability. His resume is pretty impressive in terms of how fast he's moved up and who he has worked with.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Henry_(basketball,_born_1985)

That Romulus HS gig was with Nate Oats and the Utah job was under current Bulls head coach Jim Boylen.

40 minutes ago, BugeaterZ said:

I would love to get Wade but I can't believe he and his wife would want to move to Lincoln, even with her ties to Nebraska. Not many in her line of work based around here. 

Maybe the baby changes that.

Not saying it would happen but (1) family is always a huge pull (I assume she still has a lot of family in and around the area) (2) She is a pretty established actress. Living in Lincoln (or Omaha) wouldn't be a hindrance to her career. Planes do fly out of both locations. I suspect it would be private planes if need be(3) I don't suspect Wade would be here too long if he did accept a position. Gets him some experience in coaching and gets his wife close to her family while she is raising an infant (4) Its not like they don't know the area. They are both Midwestern folks.

Edited by cornfed24-7
Sp

1 hour ago, GoBigFred said:

Well we have 3 white guys on the staff now, so I'm fairly certain it won't be Doc Sadler. Would guess the job is Cornell Mann's if he wants it. 

Abdelmassih might disagree with you on your assumption of his race.  I'm pretty sure he identifies as a minority, and is from Brooklyn.  He's grown up around people from a ton of different backgrounds which is probably why he's an all world recruiter.

My favorite thing about this staff is that they all have strong NBA ties.  I've seen enough film from Fred to know he can coach the hell out of offensive sets (top 10 in offensive eff. during his time at ISU), so they really just need to go all out on recruiting and we'll be a top 35 or so program in a couple of years.  I don't think it's going to take long.  

1 minute ago, LK1 said:

Abdelmassih might disagree with you on your assumption of his race.  I'm pretty sure he identifies as a minority, and is from Brooklyn.  He's grown up around people from a ton of different backgrounds which is probably why he's an all world recruiter.

My favorite thing about this staff is that they all have strong NBA ties.  I've seen enough film from Fred to know he can coach the hell out of offensive sets (top 10 in offensive eff. during his time at ISU), so they really just need to go all out on recruiting and we'll be a top 35 or so program in a couple of years.  I don't think it's going to take long.  

good call, i stand corrected

11 minutes ago, cornfed24-7 said:

Not saying it would happen but (1) family is always a huge pull (I assume she still has a lot of family in and around the area) (2) She is a pretty established actress. Living in Lincoln (or Omaha) wouldn't be a hindrance to her career. Planes do fly out of both locations. I suspect it would be private planes if need be(3) I don't suspect Wade would be here too long if he did accept a position. Gets him some experience in coaching and gets his wife close to her family while she is raising an infant (4) Its not like they don't know the area. They are both Midwestern folks.

Cornfed I'm sorry, and I love that everyone is on a high, but can we please stop talking about freaking Dwayne Wade coaching here? I mean come on.... ?

9 minutes ago, OmahaHusker said:

Cornfed I'm sorry, and I love that everyone is on a high, but can we please stop talking about freaking Dwayne Wade coaching here? I mean come on.... ?

I think 0.01 % chance. But I can see the series of events that lead to it happening. Mostly I could see it hinging on his wife wanting to be close to family. If you have never been in that situation, trust me, it has much more pull than one can imagine. My wife's family is in SoCal so I am all good :)

Edited by cornfed24-7
Sp

2 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Ya we do not want it to be Dwayne wade. I’d prefer an x and o defensive minded guy 

Disagree. Big if...but if he came here it would be for maybe 2 years tops. I think that gets you through the transitional period. Which next year will be and I think it helps get some recruits. Theeeeeeen he leaves. We have recruits in hand and you hire your defensive coach. Perfect :)

1 hour ago, LK1 said:

And he despises long two pointers almost as much as I do.