Filling Out a Staff.

I'd assume for assistants he'd want one Xs and Os guy, preferably defense minded,  and 2 recruiters. I'd assume he'd try to get a development guy in a non-assistant position

Hoiberg is a relationships guy. I'd start with the former assistants under Hoiberg

Matt Abdelmassih 2010-15 – Currently an assistant coach at St Johns, his alma mater. Met Hoiberg when they both worked for the Timberwolves.

T.J. Otzelberger 2010-13 – Currently the head coach of UNLV Was a carry over from previous Iowa St coach Greg McDermott's staff

Bobby Lutz - 2010-2011 - Currently unemployed. Was coming off 12 years as Charlotte's coach before moving to Mark Gottfried's staff at NC State

Cornell Mann 2011-15 – Currently an assistant at Missouri. Was recommended as a coach to Hoiberg by former Iowa St assistant Ric Wesley

Doc Sadler 2013-14 – Currently the Head Coach at Southern Mississippi

Charlie Henry 2014-15 – Currently the head coach of the Windy City Bulls, the Bulls G League team. Started as a Director of Player Personnel and was promoted to assistant under Hoiberg. Hoiberg took him along to Chicago as an assistant.

Nate Loenser - was a grad assistant under Fred and worked previously in some capacity under Larry Eustacy and Tim Floyd. Nice article on him here, Was the coach of the Windy City Bulls but swapped jobs with Henry and now is an assistant

Shawn Respert - Currently an assistant with the Bulls, was part of Hoiberg's staff there. Former Michigan St guard.

Someone brought up Tim Floyd in another thread as he's connected with Hoiberg. Think he's currently unemployed and certainly knows how to coach.

2 minutes ago, hguy44 said:

Tim Floyd has been investigated by the NCAA before for trying to pay players at USC. Personally, I would like to keep him off our coaching staff. It would make our roasts of Creighton a little less sweet.

Doubtful Floyd is 'in' -- I'd have to think Sadler is a distinct possibility, though. Will be interesting to see how this develops in next 72 hours.

3 minutes ago, hguy44 said:

Tim Floyd has been investigated by the NCAA before for trying to pay players at USC. Personally, I would like to keep him off our coaching staff. It would make our roasts of Creighton a little less sweet.

Most notably OJ Mayo, wow that's a name I haven't said in a while

1 minute ago, AuroranHusker said:

Doubtful Floyd is 'in' -- I'd have to think Sadler is a distinct possibility, though. Will be interesting to see how this develops in next 72 hours.

From the things I've been hearing from the media, Floyd seems much more likely than Sadler does.

And with prominent hires like we're embarking on, there's about to be some grey areas to tread.