Filling Out a Staff.

6 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I would be all for Doc returning. His issues at Nebraska were not due to defense. We were always very sound in that department 

The other end of the court was a different story.

We should be good in that regard. Recent pictures suggest Doc hasn't been doing much baseline to baseline these days. He'll stay on the defensive side. 

As long as Sadler has nothing to do with players who need to score or substitutions or recruiting, could be a good hire.

As if we didn’t get a good enough dose the first time, we get another.  I’m really trying to keep a good attitude going here, but man, can’t we just start fresh and not rerun this back.  I’m sure he’s in line for a nice raise by coming here, but this is my first negative feeling about coach Hoiberg’s judgement.  Yes, I’ll still buy my tickets, but if I see much whispering from Sadler into Hoiberg’s ear in crunch time, I’ll try to close my eyes and block out bad memories.

Will Moos add labotomies to the service offering at PBA please!

Edited by Hoops_Legend

1 hour ago, Hoops_Legend said:

Oh right, you forgot to mention the years he actually spent in our program.  How many sweet 16s?

Brilliant! Because Hoiberg should base his decision more on what Doc did as a head coach at NU instead of relying on what Hoiberg actually saw him do while sitting next to him on the bench at ISU. Rather than thinking about how Doc's strengths would contribute to the staff as a whole, Hoiberg should focus far more on Doc's head coaching record from nearly a decade ago.

I don't think Hoiberg has hired the Special Assistant in Charge of Focusing on Things That Don't Really Matter position for his support staff at NU yet. Throw your hat in the ring!

Edited by throwback

1 hour ago, Hoops_Legend said:

Oh right, you forgot to mention the years he actually spent in our program.  How many sweet 16s?

So should we also discuss how Hoiberg failed in the NBA?  Hell Matt A couldn’t recruit a guy good enough to get St Johns a national championship.  AND GATES!  Holy cow man.  He was on the LOWLY Tim Miles staff.  We just need to clean house I think.  Our entire staff has warts!  Off with em all!  I want Coach K with Self, Cal, and Williams as the three assistants.  Actually... no... not one of those guys won the dang natty this year.  It’s hopeless to find a good coach and staff I tell you!  Hopeless!

1 hour ago, hskr4life said:

So should we also discuss how Hoiberg failed in the NBA?  Hell Matt A couldn’t recruit a guy good enough to get St Johns a national championship.  AND GATES!  Holy cow man.  He was on the LOWLY Tim Miles staff.  We just need to clean house I think.  Our entire staff has warts!  Off with em all!  I want Coach K with Self, Cal, and Williams as the three assistants.  Actually... no... not one of those guys won the dang natty this year.  It’s hopeless to find a good coach and staff I tell you!  Hopeless!

Hey! You're drunk! Go back to UCLA. :lol:

12 minutes ago, NWUhusker said:

Sadler knows defense and if you watched his teams when he was here you could see that. This would be a great situation for him. He’s surrounded by and offensive guy and two really good recruiters. He can come here and basically be the defensive coordinator.

This 100%

4 hours ago, Bill Self's Toupee said:

If you compare assistants, you can see the chinks in Sadler's armor.  I met David Anwar once.

Look at Sadler's initial staff when hired. Wes Flanigan is an assistant at Auburn helping out Bruce Pearl and Tony Benford got a head coaching gig and did pretty well at LSU as their top assistant and interim head coach.

Doc had a good plan when he first got here which lead to a quality recruiting class. He just didn't get the assistant salary pool to retain Flanigan and Benford.

1 hour ago, NWUhusker said:

Sadler knows defense and if you watched his teams when he was here you could see that. This would be a great situation for him. He’s surrounded by and offensive guy and two really good recruiters. He can come here and basically be the defensive coordinator.

@NWUhusker So are you a Wolfsker? (Just teasing) And welcome to HHC!!

Edited by jayschool