Filling Out a Staff.

4 minutes ago, LK1 said:

This would be incredible.  Doc on staff would mean we can recruit straight up gunners on offense bc his defensive coaching—particularly in transition—is as good as anyone in the country.  We’d have a bunch of shooters become serviceable defenders.   Great PR hire as well.  And he wouldn’t really have to recruit with two recruiting monsters already on staff.  Wow.  

Hope it happens.   Doc was a great guy.    I don't think the contract is signed yet. 

I will also still stick with my statement that Tim Miles will be back in the basketball building in a few years if things go as planned.  There is a reason Mark Boehm was moved and Moos took over some things. 

Journal Star just posted we're looking at several possible candidates to fill our assistant positions, including Doc, Molinari, Armon Gates, and Marc Hsu from WKU.

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/molinari-sadler-among-those-under-consideration-for-husker-hoops-assistant/article_adaab4eb-267f-57c0-b18e-1bfae5f35ce0.html

Speaking of WKU, they had a great recruiting class with HSU and now some big time recruits are transferring, including this sit-1-play-3 former 4-star guard:

Rankings
-
RANK
NATIONAL
POSITION
-
STATE

Commitment Status

Schools Snapshot
Offers

Total School Interests

High
Medium
Low

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/dalano-banton-208673

2 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

Journal Star just posted we're looking at several possible candidates to fill our assistant positions, including Doc, Molinari, Armon Gates, and Marc Hsu from WKU.

This is the first time I've heard Molinari's name floated.  Makes sense if we're looking for a defensive minded coach.  I'd prefer Doc but Mo would work.

I know Hsu is considered to be a recruiter. Is he also considered a strong defensive coach?  If not are we looking to carry a staff a 3 recruiters or would signing Hsu mean no Gates?

Randomly, Hsu was an assistant at Birmingham when Dylan Talley was there.

https://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/mens-basketball/molinari-sadler-among-those-under-consideration-for-husker-hoops-assistant/article_adaab4eb-267f-57c0-b18e-1bfae5f35ce0.html

Speaking of WKU, they had a great recruiting class with HSU and now some big time recruits are transferring, including this sit-1-play-3 former 4-star guard:
Troy, NY Redemption Christian Academy   Rankings -   RANK 80 NATIONAL 19 POSITION - STATE   Commitment Status [/img] signed Committed 11/14/2017 W Kentucky Recruited By N/A     Schools Snapshot 4 Offers   1 Total School Interests   High 1 Medium 0 Low 0  
  https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/dalano-banton-208673

Hoiberg told Rothstein Armon is retained. That leaves Molinari, Doc, Hsu, for the 3rd full time assistant spot

4 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Lewis was on 1620 talking about what he would change or tweek at Nebraska (starting at the 9 minute mark)

==========================================================

He said having the right administrative resources (not $$$)

Talking about if he needs to make a change, add a staff member, get a kid who is very admit-able (Emphasized this). If something happens with that individual, that's on him.  "I don't need roadblocks...I need someone who is trying to get this program where it needs to go...and that could be the best thing that could come here of this coaching change" 

I'm not asking to skirt rules or doing anything illegal...allow me to run my program and don't put any road blocks in the way.

==========================================================

So I see we have a guy coming to campus this Saturday with a pending court case.  Maybe he comes here or maybe he doesn't.  Does he even get on campus if Marc Boehm is still involved with oversight?  Does he even get on campus if Tim Miles is still the head coach?

Way to bury the lead!! How come no one is talking about the burno slam at 13:50??. Bro, Lewis said he got a bonus for every three months he stayed?

2 minutes ago, RedEyedFanatic said:

Way to bury the lead!! How come no one is talking about the burno slam at 13:50??. Bro, Lewis said he got a bonus for every three months he stayed?

lol I didn't get that far yet. The last two hours of the show are worth listening to.

Also that is my retweet of Molinari from the Spain trip that Sharp is referencing

My 11 year old boy and I enjoyed conversing with Armon Gates at the Nebrasketball Buddies event. Gates was more than effusive in his praise for Lincoln, NE, and his Big Ten "way of life" compared to his brief time in the $EC -- glad A.G. is going to remain a part of Husker Hoops !! GBR !!!

48389938_10215083224887291_2379865933041631232_n.jpg