Mike Anderson to Nebraska?

colhusker

9 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Arkansas 24/7

Reporting Mike Anderson to Nebraska has legs. Guessing smoke screen but passing along what was reported there.

Not a bad back-up plan, but I can't find any smoke of this on twitter anywhere. Seems like Hoiberg is the only name we are connected to - and we're the only school he's connected to. 

32 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Arkansas 24/7

Reporting Mike Anderson to Nebraska has legs. Guessing smoke screen but passing along what was reported there.

I take back my previous statement about no smoke, the guy who started this thread is connected.......good find @colhusker!

http://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=679508.100

• hhcmatt changed the title to Mike Anderson to Nebraska?
26 minutes ago, ladyhusker said:

From the Tim Miles Send-Off thread (I have no idea how to link a post)...

I don't know if this is accurate or a joke or what, but is it possible Terry Pettit wasn't just joking around?

I assumed he meant Arkansas might be a landing spot for Miles. Please tell me it's not the other direction.

13 minutes ago, Blindcheck said:

I can't imagine that Mike Anderson would have been one of the 3 coaches that Moos had in his front desk drawer...at least not his top 3 as he said in his presser.

I wouldn't mind Anderson,  not my first choice, but I think he could be a good fit.

You're just trying to talk yourself into being OK with it in the event that's what happens.

In the thread I posted the guy who is connected walked it back and said that Anderson did not visit with Nebraska like he first had suspected. So I don't think there really has been significant contact between the 2. 

But are we really acting like we're above Mike Anderson? He has won tournament games in all 3 of the programs he's lead, including a Sweet 16 at UAB, an Elite 8 at Missouri and 3 NCAA appearances in his last 5 years at Arkansas. He is a hero at Nebraska  if he duplicates any of that at Nebraska and he's also a damn good person. 

Um, I'm going to hope that this is another situation like Altman where a coach is trying to use our opening as leverage to extract more money out of their current employer or from another one they may be interviewing with.  Being in the "pro-Miles" camp, I can buy off on moving on from him to Hoiberg or some other homerun hire but this just doesn't quite fit the bill.  Look, Mike Anderson may be a great coach and it just didn't work out at Arkansas much like it didn't for Miles at Nebraska; however, this would be a huge disappointment to me and really make me wonder why we chose to tear down the foundation Miles had built with a coach who isn't all that much more proven.  

Also, I hope my use of the semicolon was acceptable ? 

1 minute ago, The Polish Rifle said:

In the thread I posted the guy who is connected walked it back and said that Anderson did not visit with Nebraska like he first had suspected. So I don't think there really has been significant contact between the 2. 

But are we really acting like we're above Mike Anderson? He has won tournament games in all 3 of the programs he's lead, including a Sweet 16 at UAB, an Elite 8 at Missouri and 3 NCAA appearances in his last 5 years at Arkansas. He is a hero at Nebraska  if he duplicates any of that at Nebraska and he's also a damn good person. 

Compared to Hoiberg it would be very disappointing to me at least.  If we were never in a Hoiberg discussion I may not hate it as much.  I worry about his style translating to the Big 10.  Big time.  

Just now, The Polish Rifle said:

You might be able to play this card... had some not bluffed over the past month that our basketball savior was already N.

1 minute ago, royalfan said:

Compared to Hoiberg it would be very disappointing to me at least.  If we were never in a Hoiberg discussion I may not hate it as much.  I worry about his style translating to the Big 10.  Big time.  

I agree I'd rather have Hoiberg. But just weird to see a program whose never won a tourament game thumb their nose at a guy that blows away the resume of any coach we've ever hired.