Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
colhusker

Mike Anderson to Nebraska?

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Arkansas 24/7

 

Reporting Mike Anderson to Nebraska has legs. Guessing smoke screen but passing along what was reported there.

 

I'll unmerge this should this become an actual thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Arkansas 24/7

 

Reporting Mike Anderson to Nebraska has legs. Guessing smoke screen but passing along what was reported there.

Not a bad back-up plan, but I can't find any smoke of this on twitter anywhere. Seems like Hoiberg is the only name we are connected to - and we're the only school he's connected to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Arkansas 24/7

 

Reporting Mike Anderson to Nebraska has legs. Guessing smoke screen but passing along what was reported there.

I take back my previous statement about no smoke, the guy who started this thread is connected.......good find @colhusker!

 

http://forums.hogville.net/index.php?topic=679508.100

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From the Tim Miles Send-Off thread (I have no idea how to link a post)...

 

On 3/26/2019 at 3:39 PM, hskr4life said:

Does Tim land on his feet faster than we thought?

 

 

 

 

I don't know if this is accurate or a joke or what, but is it possible Terry Pettit wasn't just joking around?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't imagine that Mike Anderson would have been one of the 3 coaches that Moos had in his front desk drawer...at least not his top 3 as he said in his presser.

 

I wouldn't mind Anderson,  not my first choice, but I think he could be a good fit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ladyhusker said:

From the Tim Miles Send-Off thread (I have no idea how to link a post)...

 

 

 

I don't know if this is accurate or a joke or what, but is it possible Terry Pettit wasn't just joking around?

Maybe it means Miles to Arkansas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ladyhusker said:

From the Tim Miles Send-Off thread (I have no idea how to link a post)...

 

 

 

I don't know if this is accurate or a joke or what, but is it possible Terry Pettit wasn't just joking around?

 

I assumed he meant Arkansas might be a landing spot for Miles. Please tell me it's not the other direction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Blindcheck said:

I can't imagine that Mike Anderson would have been one of the 3 coaches that Moos had in his front desk drawer...at least not his top 3 as he said in his presser.

 

I wouldn't mind Anderson,  not my first choice, but I think he could be a good fit.

 

You're just trying to talk yourself into being OK with it in the event that's what happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the thread I posted the guy who is connected walked it back and said that Anderson did not visit with Nebraska like he first had suspected. So I don't think there really has been significant contact between the 2. 

 

But are we really acting like we're above Mike Anderson? He has won tournament games in all 3 of the programs he's lead, including a Sweet 16 at UAB, an Elite 8 at Missouri and 3 NCAA appearances in his last 5 years at Arkansas. He is a hero at Nebraska  if he duplicates any of that at Nebraska and he's also a damn good person. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Um, I'm going to hope that this is another situation like Altman where a coach is trying to use our opening as leverage to extract more money out of their current employer or from another one they may be interviewing with.  Being in the "pro-Miles" camp, I can buy off on moving on from him to Hoiberg or some other homerun hire but this just doesn't quite fit the bill.  Look, Mike Anderson may be a great coach and it just didn't work out at Arkansas much like it didn't for Miles at Nebraska; however, this would be a huge disappointment to me and really make me wonder why we chose to tear down the foundation Miles had built with a coach who isn't all that much more proven.  

 

Also, I hope my use of the semicolon was acceptable ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Polish Rifle said:

In the thread I posted the guy who is connected walked it back and said that Anderson did not visit with Nebraska like he first had suspected. So I don't think there really has been significant contact between the 2. 

 

But are we really acting like we're above Mike Anderson? He has won tournament games in all 3 of the programs he's lead, including a Sweet 16 at UAB, an Elite 8 at Missouri and 3 NCAA appearances in his last 5 years at Arkansas. He is a hero at Nebraska  if he duplicates any of that at Nebraska and he's also a damn good person. 

 

Compared to Hoiberg it would be very disappointing to me at least.  If we were never in a Hoiberg discussion I may not hate it as much.  I worry about his style translating to the Big 10.  Big time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, The Polish Rifle said:

In the thread I posted the guy who is connected walked it back and said that Anderson did not visit with Nebraska like he first had suspected. So I don't think there really has been significant contact between the 2. 

 

But are we really acting like we're above Mike Anderson? He has won tournament games in all 3 of the programs he's lead, including a Sweet 16 at UAB, an Elite 8 at Missouri and 3 NCAA appearances in his last 5 years at Arkansas. He is a hero at Nebraska  if he duplicates any of that at Nebraska and he's also a damn good person. 

 

You might be able to play this card... had some not bluffed over the past month that our basketball savior was already N.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, royalfan said:

 

Compared to Hoiberg it would be very disappointing to me at least.  If we were never in a Hoiberg discussion I may not hate it as much.  I worry about his style translating to the Big 10.  Big time.  

I agree I'd rather have Hoiberg. But just weird to see a program whose never won a tourament game thumb their nose at a guy that blows away the resume of any coach we've ever hired. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...