Mike Anderson to Nebraska?

colhusker

Just now, The Polish Rifle said:
2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

You might be able to play this card... had some not bluffed over the past month that our basketball savior was already N.

Not saying I would rather have him over Hoiberg. Just wanted to give the guy credit for what he accomplished. 

Your point is completely fair and valid.  However, I think it has more to do with what would be an apparent bait and switch.  It would be like entering a contest to win a Ferrari, finding out you won, getting super excited, and then only to find out that for whatever reason, you didn't win a Ferrari but a Honda Accord.  Over time you would likely come to appreciate the Accord but in the immediate aftermath of the contest, you would be pretty pissed and disappointed.

Sorry if this was a terrible analogy...I struggled to come up with something better.  And, for the record, I own an Accord so no offense was meant to anyone else that drives a Honda ?

Everyone just needs to chill out. You have two major newspapers basically telling you the timeline of when Fred will be hired. They aren't just making that stuff up to speculate, it's based on what they know.

Everyone knows Michigan State plays tomorrow and that the announcement is expected next week. Everything else is people trying to start something to create drama.

1 hour ago, ladyhusker said:

From the Tim Miles Send-Off thread (I have no idea how to link a post)...

I don't know if this is accurate or a joke or what, but is it possible Terry Pettit wasn't just joking around?

I also saw this and thought it was a joke about Miles going to Arkansas.

Pettit is obviously connected though.

46 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

I'll still hold out until an official hire is announced.  With what we are hearing right now... this is a very botched situation.  I hope that isn't the case in the end.

What are we hearing though?

This could be us looking at Anderson because Hoiberg fell through. This could be us looking at Anderson as a contingency. This could be us looking at Anderson in a role other than HC ?‍♂️. This might not actually be anything at all.  The funny part, if you want to call it that, is that Anderson apparently wasn't interested enough to get on a plane if that was real.

There really isn't any smoke about this or Nebraska twitter would have been going crazy already.  If Nebraska media hadn't caught wind of this because of being too occupied with football + assuming this is a wait until after Michigan St plays, they have now.  Until you start seeing some real smoke there is probably nothing to see here and you should maintain your previous level of pucker factor.

56 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I agree I'd rather have Hoiberg. But just weird to see a program whose never won a tourament game thumb their nose at a guy that blows away the resume of any coach we've ever hired. 

He has nine tournament wins as a head coach. Not to mention  being on Nolan Richardson's staff for 17 years. They won a few tournament games in those years,  too.

I agree that I'd prefer Hoiberg but this would be far better than the Bradley coach. 

3 minutes ago, BugeaterZ said:

He has nine tournament wins as a head coach. Not to mention  being on Nolan Richardson's staff for 17 years. They won a few tournament games in those years,  too.

I agree that I'd prefer Hoiberg but this would be far better than the Bradley coach. 

This I can agree with.  While I feel Hoiberg would be the HOME RUN hire NU needs, at least Anderson has had tournament success with Mizzou and Arkansas.  As someone else mentioned, he would be the most accomplished basketball coach EVER at Nebraska.  

But I still want Fred....

18 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

What are we hearing though?

This could be us looking at Anderson because Hoiberg fell through. This could be us looking at Anderson as a contingency. This could be us looking at Anderson in a role other than HC ?‍♂️. This might not actually be anything at all.  The funny part, if you want to call it that, is that Anderson apparently wasn't interested enough to get on a plane if that was real.

There really isn't any smoke about this or Nebraska twitter would have been going crazy already.  If Nebraska media hadn't caught wind of this because of being too occupied with football + assuming this is a wait until after Michigan St plays, they have now.  Until you start seeing some real smoke there is probably nothing to see here and you should maintain your previous level of pucker factor.

I tried earlier to tell people that the guy who started this fire on hogville definitley walked it back later. Seems like anytime anyone even wants to mention another name other than Hoiberg people lose their minds. 

2 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

I tried earlier to tell people that the guy who started this fire on hogville definitley walked it back later. Seems like anytime anyone even wants to mention another name other than Hoiberg people lose their minds. 

I mean, to be fair, he kind of walked it back... according to his clarification, we were interested in Anderson, but he wasn't interested in us.

I have no idea how much of a freakout this merits or doesn't. Pettit could absolutely have been making a joke about the plane; I don't know him to ask, or know how to find that information if it was real. It's just some interesting, out-of-place puzzle pieces that could be sitting on the coffee table for any number of reasons.