Mike Anderson to Nebraska?

colhusker

14 minutes ago, ladyhusker said:

I mean, to be fair, he kind of walked it back... according to his clarification, we were interested in Anderson, but he wasn't interested in us.

I have no idea how much of a freakout this merits or doesn't. Pettit could absolutely have been making a joke about the plane; I don't know him to ask, or know how to find that information if it was real. It's just some interesting, out-of-place puzzle pieces that could be sitting on the coffee table for any number of reasons.

For some reason I feel like Pettit was talking about the failed Nutt situation and the worst coaching search in Nebraska history, but hard to tell

3 minutes ago, The Polish Rifle said:

For some reason I feel like Pettit was talking about the failed Nutt situation and the worst coaching search in Nebraska history, but hard to tell

Entirely possible. I keep trying to say that, too! I have no clue what's happening and no insider knowledge or anything on this. (Easy way to find out -- anyone able to access flight records from two days ago into LNK? I have no idea how to sleuth that but it wouldn't surprise me at all if someone here did.)

Are people seriously letting a Twitter account with 70 followers, most probably Russian bots and an Arkansas message board outweigh the reporting of almost every connected college basketball writer in the country? Not to mention some who doubled down that Hoiberg to Nebraska was a lock.

Not only do I have inside knowledge of all this, the fact that Nebraska writers who are slow to report until they are sure something is happening have been writing preview articles like we've already had the press conference. This is playing out exactly how it was expected to and basically laid out by columnists.

6 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

Are people seriously letting a Twitter account with 70 followers, most probably Russian bots and an Arkansas message board outweigh the reporting of almost every connected college basketball writer in the country? Not to mention some who doubled down that Hoiberg to Nebraska was a lock.

Not only do I have inside knowledge of all this, the fact that Nebraska writers who are slow to report until they are sure something is happening have been writing preview articles like we've already had the press conference. This is playing out exactly how it was expected to and basically laid out by columnists.

Nice to hear!

Can't blame us all for a little "freak out" though.  This is NEBRASKETBALL after all, and nothing ever seems to work out the way we want it.  Just a bit gun shy.....

11 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

Didn't you call Hank Bound's announcement the "first domino" and then worry about Prohm?  How are Arkansas guys who seem to be in the know less credible than this sort of speculation?

12 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

Just kick back and enjoy the moment.  Social media can be really fun to observe. 

Humans are funny when they're determined to know something they can't. 

Everyone's inner fiction writer just sort of explodes to the surface. 

Now all we need is a picture of Hoiberg riding a dinosaur and waving a Nebraska flag. 

56 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

That's the Nebrasketball way. People just can't believe a good thing would/could actually happen to the program.

But history shows that those people aren't that wrong either...

Just now, HuskerFever said:

That's the Nebrasketball way. People just can't believe a good thing would/could actually happen to the program.

But history shows that those people aren't that wrong either...

Well that sounds like the mentality that will keep it that way.

Moos thinks differently. He's here to change things.

2 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

Well that sounds like the mentality that will keep it that way.

Moos thinks differently. He's here to change things.

The fans have no control over staffing changes. They can do and act how they want. I sure hope Moos has the right mentality to get it done.

1 hour ago, tcp said:

Humans are funny when they're determined to know something they can't. 

Everyone's inner fiction writer just sort of explodes to the surface. 

Now all we need is a picture of Hoiberg riding a dinosaur and waving a Nebraska flag. 

That's an awesome scene. I'd want it autographed by Freddy .... and the velicoraptor. ?

Edited by AuroranHusker

I have nothing against Mike Anderson.  He is a proven coach.  He would not be my top choice.  My top choice is Tony Bennett, but that’s an impossibility.  I think, if the stories have merit, that Fred Hoiberg I’ll be a good fit and bring an exciting, uptempo style of BB.  And, hopefully, players that can shoot the rock!