Just me looking at things today

Mack is almost certainly gone but it's technically not impossible for him to be back.  There is also the possibility that he could be ineligible if he hires an agent.

Seems like Thor and Yvan will return. It's possible that guys who have verbally committed here might decide to uncommit.  It's possible that guys who redshirted last year could then decide to transfer. This part of our roster seems pretty solid.

That leaves Cross, Arop, and Easley as any of them could decide this isn't the place for them or they could have coaches tell them they should think about playing somewhere else. Zero idea what any of these guys might do but just wanted to lay it all out there.

ATM we're at one open spot. If Mack is indeed gone, it's 2. 

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I haven't seen turnover like this since Tanner Lee was here.

You were a Miles apologist. It’s okay. You can admit you were wrong now. It’s great to be horribly wrong when it benefits your team. 

I thought it was a really classy tweet.  He isn't a graduate transfer possibility, and the notion that he would do anything disingenuous toward Nebraska after 3 years of being a model student athlete

Posted Images

At this point, Id be okay with moving forward with what we have right now. We have two 'ships left to grab a couple sit-out guys.

Kobe Webster 6'0 Sr G

Thorir Thorbjarnarson 6'6 Sr G

Derrick Walker 6'8 Jr F

Kobe King 6'4 Jr G*

Lat Mayen 6'9 Jr F

Shamiel Stevenson 6'6 Jr G/F

Teddy Allen 6'5 Jr G/F

Akol Arop 6'6 So F

Charlie Easley 6'2 So G**

Dalano Banton 6'8 So G

Kevin Cross 6'8 So F

Yvan Ouedraogo 6'9 F

Empty Scholarship 

Empty Scholarship 

*Not yet ruled eligible

**Walk-on

12 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

So this tweet implies that Kevin Cross is transferring, as he played every single game this season and was clearly "in Nebraska's rotation".

Would you include Charlie Easley or Akol Arop as "in Nebraska's rotation"? Easley was definitely in the rotation for over half of the season. Easley started a few games and played more than Arop in both game appearances and MPG.

Edited by khoock
5 minutes ago, khoock said:

So this tweet implies that Kevin Cross is transferring, as he played every single game this season and was clearly "in Nebraska's rotation".

Would you include Charlie Easley or Akol Arop as "in Nebraska's rotation"? Easley was definitely in the rotation for over half of the season. Easley started a few games and played more than Arop in both game appearances and MPG.

This would imply that Cross and Arop are gone.  Note this has not actually happened yet.

7 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

This would imply that Cross and Arop are gone.  Note this has not actually happened yet.

But is Arop really considered as in the rotation. He played vary sparingly throughout the season and his role only increased out of necessity (Kavas injury, Burke and Mack suspension).

Could Rothstein just have overlooked them and accidentally forgot?

I know Im probably taking his wording too literal, but just a thought.

11 minutes ago, 49r said:

Or maybe Rothstein just forgot about those guys?

Rothstein gets this information from someone and it's typically someone with the program.

From that statement I'd guess that Cross is gone, Arop might be gone, and Easily is back if he wants to pay his own way. Considering last year's report where Thor was gone and then the only guy remaining, I wouldn't quote this as gospel.

3 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Rothstein gets this information from someone and it's typically someone with the program.

From that statement I'd guess that Cross is gone, Arop might be gone, and Easily is back if he wants to pay his own way. Considering last year's report where Thor was gone and then the only guy remaining, I wouldn't quote this as gospel.

Arop just did a promotional video a few days ago with some other Husker athletes from other teams...

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

Typing this was the modern day equivalent of someone telling me Santa wasn't real then punching me in the gut

Ugh.  I'm still betting on Cross being on the roster next year.  Hoping that's an oversight on Rothstein's part.  A chiseled up Cross would do work next season at the four.  He'd fit right in.  The real question is whether or not he'd be willing to come off the bench.  Might be his call.  

Wouldn't shock me if Arop is gone. He committed to Miles and was kept on as a courtesy as he's not a fit with what Hoiberg wants out of that position. There were opportunities with a small roster for him to play more and he didn't. I wouldn't be surprised if he's told to look elsewhere as they can use up his roster spot with someone else.

I'm not saying anyone on this board is doing this but it's a shame sometimes how transfers are looked at as bad things. If I was working my ass off in practice and got alot of playing time on a 7 win team and better talent is being brought in my minutes go way down I'd look around as well if this was the last 3 or 4 years of highly competitive basketball I was going to play. A kid like Arop could go somewhere like Bowling Green or UMKC be a star on the team and play alot of minutes.  Whatever happens with any of our players I wish them best of luck moving forward and totally get it. It's not an easy position to be in but these guys have busted their ass it speaks positively on their character.