Jump to content

Recommended Posts

thor's that energizer bunny every program needs. dude's pure hustle. i hope like hell he's back, and wasn't exactly pleased at the prospect that he might be forced out. 

 

he gets any kind of shot at all, preferably a mid-ranger that could compliment his quickness, and he could contribute a few minutes like he did at the end of the season. 

 

anyhoo, glad to see our Icelandic brother return. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Shawn Eichorst's Toupee said:

 

Trusting what he's doing and agreeing with how he's doing it are two very different things, and I think that's why there's been pushback.

 

There's been pushback?    (I think this will be our question in about one year from now. :wink:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, khoock said:

According to OWH, during a coaching change the NCAA allows new coaches to deny the renewal of a scholarship even with the Big Ten's 4-year scholarship rule.

 

So Hoiberg basically denied Heimans scholarship but did not do so for Thorir. Take that FWIW.

 

Interesting.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, khoock said:

According to OWH, during a coaching change the NCAA allows new coaches to deny the renewal of a scholarship even with the Big Ten's 4-year scholarship rule.

 

So Hoiberg basically denied Heimans scholarship but did not do so for Thorir. Take that FWIW.

That's untrue. He was told he didn't fit with the new style of play and minutes would be hard to come by if he chose to stay.   He was not asked to transfer nor was he told not to stay. The only people asked to transfer in this whole change were people who had other non basketball issues.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Ruck Me Funning said:

That's untrue. He was told he didn't fit with the new style of play and minutes would be hard to come by if he chose to stay.   He was not asked to transfer nor was he told not to stay. The only people asked to transfer in this whole change were people who had other non basketball issues.  

The LJS and OWH quote Brady himself saying he was asked to leave.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, khoock said:

The LJS and OWH quote Brady himself saying he was asked to leave.

I am aware of what's being reported. I'm not denying he believes what he said is factual. I know the scholarship was not pulled and had he not requested his name be put in the portal he would still be on the team. Sometimes people hear things differently than how they are stated. And I guess perception can become reality. I'm sure if someone came to my work and told me I was a bad fit for the team I might take it as Im fired if I stopped listening. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ruck Me Funning said:

I am aware of what's being reported. I'm not denying he believes what he said is factual. I know the scholarship was not pulled and had he not requested his name be put in the portal he would still be on the team. Sometimes people hear things differently than how they are stated. And I guess perception can become reality. I'm sure if someone came to my work and told me I was a bad fit for the team I might take it as Im fired if I stopped listening. 

I'm not questioning you, I'm am just curious why you would feel you know better what happened in the conversation he had with the coach then he does? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Dean Smith said:

I'm not questioning you, I'm am just curious why you would feel you know better what happened in the conversation he had with the coach then he does? 

 

I’m not sure if this means anything, but I might as well pass along what I’ve heard - All the players met with Hoiberg last week. Brady scheduled his meeting before his test because he already had all his stuff packed up and was planning to head home right after his last final. 

 

If that’s true, then Chris Heady’s headline, which was the trigger for the social media uproar about Hoiberg’s handling of Brady, was pretty misleading. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Dean Smith said:

I'm not questioning you, I'm am just curious why you would feel you know better what happened in the conversation he had with the coach then he 

 

I obviously wasn't in the room.  But follow the LJS in the future for updates and access the OWH will not enjoy. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It all seems like much ado about nothing.  In today's highly-charged environment, my reaction on reading the tweet was who, and why, is someone trying to do a hit piece on Husker Basketball. 

 

It is getting so bad that I don't even know just what I'm supposed to get outraged about anymore.  :Redface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's water under the bridge. I would contend that everyone seems to want to make it "best case scenario" for their own personal perception. It doesn't matter at this point, since Brady chose to move on via the transfer portal, as did several others. I'll continue to root on the Big Red, and hope the ones who left can make things work well on their own volition. Go B1G or go home.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have a new coach, a new system and a number of players coming in that are being brought in because they fit that style.  Is that correct?  If true, if that new coach identifies a player or players that likely do not fit that new system, isn't it fair and reasonable to have a discussion with that player or players advising them of that observation.  As a player, I likely would not like to hear that observation, it is only natural.  But wouldn't it be better to hear that information now, and then a decision can be made to stay or go?

 

My current take is that conversation likely took place with Brady, Thor and Amir.  The conversation could have been that the new Nebraska system will be fast pace with a premium placed on the three point shot.  Does Brady, Thor and Amir have that three-point game?  Amir and Thor may have taken that critique and said they want to stick it out and prove they can adapt.  Brady may have taken the critique as I want you out of here and is leaving.

 

Sure, there may have been more texture to the discussions or the discussions may have been entirely different.  But I am not about to critique a new staff for wanting their players.  Coaches, especially today, must prove themselves sooner rather than later, and to have to wait a year or two before you have "your own" players can create fan bases and administrators to become fractured; which seems to be a familiar theme here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Red Don said:

It all seems like much ado about nothing.  In today's highly-charged environment, my reaction on reading the tweet was who, and why, is someone trying to do a hit piece on Husker Basketball. 

 

It is getting so bad that I don't even know just what I'm supposed to get outraged about anymore.  :Redface:

 

which is itself an outrage, so.......hmmm......brilliant....;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...