Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, HoiBall said:

Fred knows what he’s doing. He’s not getting rid of kids unless he knows he can upgrade. This is what it means to be a big time program. Nebraska is now a destination 

 

You sure about that, bro?

 

season Team
2018-19
NEBNEB
 
GP GS MPG FG FG% 3PT 3P% FT FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
30 0 8.5 0.8-1.4 59.5 0.0-0.0 0.0 0.2-0.6 29.4 0.8 1.0 1.7 0.1 0.5 0.1 1.1 0.2 1.8

 

season Team
2018-19
 
GP GS MPG FG FG% 3PT 3P% FT FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
27 0 7.8 0.6-1.0 53.6 0.0-0.0 0.0 0.2-0.4 50.0 0.6 0.9 1.4 0.2 0.3 0.0 2.0 0.3 1.3

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has to suck for Harris and anybody else who is recovering from surgery are being asked to leave.  It would have to limit the number of quality schools that would offer a scholarship for a recovering player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PointGuard said:

Has to suck for Harris and anybody else who is recovering from surgery are being asked to leave.  It would have to limit the number of quality schools that would offer a scholarship for a recovering player.

 

I agree that would be the case for Karrington Davis if we were talking about Karrington Davis.  I do not agree, for a variety of reasons, that would apply to Amir Harris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

 

The difference is that guys found out on the internet before they found out from their coach. They deserve better.  That is why there is pushback. 

That's true. But that's not Hoiberg's fault. I'm sure Washut regrets reporting it when he did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Hope they have some plan to get a legit center in here. Gonna get pounded in big ten play in the post w our current roster. Time will tell 

 

We didn’t have a legit center yesterday either.    Fully expect Johnson to be N within the next two weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

 

You sure about that, bro?

 

season Team
2018-19
NEBNEB
 
GP GS MPG FG FG% 3PT 3P% FT FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
30 0 8.5 0.8-1.4 59.5 0.0-0.0 0.0 0.2-0.6 29.4 0.8 1.0 1.7 0.1 0.5 0.1 1.1 0.2 1.8

 

season Team
2018-19
 
GP GS MPG FG FG% 3PT 3P% FT FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
27 0 7.8 0.6-1.0 53.6 0.0-0.0 0.0 0.2-0.4 50.0 0.6 0.9 1.4 0.2 0.3 0.0 2.0 0.3 1.3

 

 

Judging by the teams who has shown interest in each, its fair to say that one is perceived to have a much higher upside than the other 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, nustudent said:

 

We didn’t have a legit center yesterday either.    Fully expect Johnson to be N within the next two weeks. 

Hope you're right. He would be #1 on my wish list at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Hope they have some plan to get a legit center in here. Gonna get pounded in big ten play in the post w our current roster. Time will tell 

 

Do you really think they told our only guy taller than 6-8 that he should leave without having any plans for the bigs? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

That's true. But that's not Hoiberg's fault. I'm sure Washut regrets reporting it when he did.

 

No i do not think Hoiberg himself talked to Washut...Robin talked to someone(s) in the program.

One attributes that to Hoiberg insomuch as you attribute anything that happens in the program to the head coach.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, nustudent said:

 

Judging by the teams who has shown interest in each, its fair to say that one is perceived to have a much higher upside than the other 

 

I'd agree. Part of Washington not playing is that between TInkle's son at the 4 and their two upperclassmen centers there wasn't much playing time. If we had similar depth here at the 4 and 5 it's probable that Brady redshirts.

 

Speaking of redshirts if Jordy stays or we find a plug in big man it seems likely that Brady redshirts and it seems more likely he stays.  In some ways Miles not finding a big man last year opens things up more for us this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, millerhusker said:

That's true. But that's not Hoiberg's fault. I'm sure Washut regrets reporting it when he did.

 

Robin comes off badly to a lot of people through no fault of his own. It’s 100 percent on the source. Whomever it was had no business sharing that with the media prior to the kids finding out on their own. 

 

I find in’s it really weird that people would put any blame on the reporter here (not saying you are, but just people in general on this board). 

Edited by GATA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, GATA said:

 

Robin comes off badly to a to a lot of people through no fault of his own. It’s 100 percent on the source. Whomever it was had no business sharing that with the media prior to the kids finding out on their own. 

 

I find in’s it really weird that people would put any blame on the reporter here (not saying you are, but just people in general on this board). 

Yep, I'm with ya. I should've expanded on those thoughts in my post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

Yep, I'm with ya. I should've expanded on those thoughts in my post.

 

Maybe the Wife had just called him (in a very loving voice) a Dumb Ass and typed something he wished he wasn't suppose to be typed? 

?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, GATA said:

 

Robin comes off badly to a to a lot of people through no fault of his own. It’s 100 percent on the source. Whomever it was had no business sharing that with the media prior to the kids finding out on their own. 

 

I find in’s it really weird that people would put any blame on the reporter here (not saying you are, but just people in general on this board). 

 

I don't blame Robin. But I think Robin should probably take the hit and apologize as though it was his fault. It isn't about today. You have to  look at the long term relationship you want to have with that source.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

 

I don't blame Robin. But I think Robin should probably take the hit and apologize as though it was his fault. It isn't about today. You have to  look at the long term relationship you want to have with that source.

 

No doubt. Robin is in a no win situation because of his source. 

 

I just wish people were a little more thoughtful regarding the topic. Far too many people are placing blame where it doesn’t belong.  

 

I find media bashing to be incredibly annoying anyway, especially since I know many of these guys to be 1) good reporters and 2) good people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

 

I agree that would be the case for Karrington Davis if we were talking about Karrington Davis.  I do not agree, for a variety of reasons, that would apply to Amir Harris.

 

Something to keep an eye out for

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GoBigFred said:

 

Do you really think they told our only guy taller than 6-8 that he should leave without having any plans for the bigs? 

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't have a big locked down before cutting Heiman loose. Just because Brady is tall doesn't mean he can play the style HCFH wants to play. Sometimes you have to release those who don't fit to prove to those you are recruiting who do fit that there is playing time for them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2019 at 12:42 PM, thrasher31 said:

Thorir know the wolf of wall Street. Ok. He's good in my book now. 

 

No clue if this means anything. In the off chance it does great. If not great

 

On 5/2/2019 at 12:47 PM, thrasher31 said:

There's a line in the movie where he says "I'm not going anywhere mfers". No clue if this has any correlation. 

 

Nailed it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My way off base theory that is probably not true is... that Hoiberg and Thorir came to a mutual agreement that he will go pro (in Iceland) after his junior year.

 

A year under Hoiberg would do good for Thorir. And Hoiberg more than likely wants his scholarship more for 2020 than 2019. Also gives you a body who is a culture guy that will do whatever is asked of him and wont complain if his role is small.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...