Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

 

Or perhaps the staff didn't communicate with him?  I mean if someone leaked this to Washut and the players involved had not yet been informed and then Washut runs it and people all around have egg on their faces, I could certainly understand Thor reacting like that.  If nobody's told him he's gone, then as far as he would be concerned, he's not.  That's not obstinance or defiance.  That's just not knowing what's about to hit you.

 

These are good kids.  I wish them nothing but good things in their futures.  Given the regime change, I think their positions are somewhat in doubt and not secure.  They fit the last coach's style better than the current coach's style.  That's the nature of coaching changes, though.

 

But, if they are to be out-processed, I wouldn't want them to find out by way of someone who read HOL texting or tweeting at them about transferring. That's not the way for a kid to find out that news.

 

Thanks!  I was trying to find words for all of this.  I don't mind asking a kid to start to look elsewhere.  What I do mind is how this has went down (from our current viewpoint).  I hope that we don't lose sight that these kids are people and not product.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

So. I'd say the last few scholarships need to be prioritized for bigs. 

 

Still waiting on Amir and Thor. I think this is a fluid situation

 

If Brady Heiman is entering the transfer portal, I would assume we already have the bigs in place. 

 

Speaking of, the silence around Joel Ntambwe is very mysterious. Remember he has currently declared for the NBA Draft, but there's little chance he gets drafted. Maybe he's planning to withdraw his name and come here and our coaches already know that...or maybe he's done with college and going to the G League or overseas. Just weird how he hasn't said anything about going back to UNLV though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoBigFred said:

If Brady Heiman is entering the transfer portal, I would assume we already have the bigs in place.

 

The timing of this is about it being Finals week not necessarily who we have lined up. It's not like there has been any point where we have been full on scholarships

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GoBigFred said:

 

Speaking of, the silence around Joel Ntambwe is very mysterious. Remember he has currently declared for the NBA Draft, but there's little chance he gets drafted. Maybe he's planning to withdraw his name and come here and our coaches already know that...or maybe he's done with college and going to the G League or overseas. Just weird how he hasn't said anything about going back to UNLV though. 

I think he's opting to go pro. Whether it be overseas or g league. Spring game was a month ago it seems now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

 

The timing of this is about it being Finals week not necessarily who we have lined up. It's not like there has been any point where we have been full on scholarships

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/nebraska-center-brady-heiman-enters-transfer-portal-after-one-season/article_34ee8ff5-6c8c-5f80-b08d-6b1e93e80875.html

 

Heady confirmed this earlier. All the players on scholarship met with Hoiberg today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Heiman states he was asked to leave. So assuming Washuts original news break was accurate, we have to assume Harris and Thorbjarnarson were asked too? And they either do not want to leave or havent announced it yet.

Edited by khoock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, khoock said:

Heiman states he was asked to leave. So assuming Washuts original news break was accurate, we have to assume Harris and Thorbjarnarson were asked too? And they either do not want to leave or havent announced it yet.

I think it's a fluid situation. As in we'll wait and see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, khoock said:

Also i hope Derrin Hanson has an open ship for Brady and he makes his way back to Omaha.

I believe Omaha has one open scholarship for next season, but they recently picked up a commitment from 2019 big man from Minnesota. Hansen has reached out to Brady.

Edited by Jacob Padilla

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

 

The timing of this is about it being Finals week not necessarily who we have lined up. It's not like there has been any point where we have been full on scholarships

 

I guess my point wasn’t very clear. I was trying to say that if the staff feels comfortable encouraging our only 6-10 player to move on, then they must have some people lined up. I do not think they would want Brady to transfer if they had didn’t have any big men interested in coming here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard on sports nightly tonight an interview with some 247 recruiting guy who said Nebraska is pretty confident they can land some more people for this year. I didn't listen to the whole thing and someone was trying to call me so I can't say all of what was said. But I can say the guy said Nebraska has some more people ready to commit. And not just for 2019.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...