Roster Attrition

6 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I'm looking at Brady's twitter page and he's following all of the new guys which would seem odd for someone leaving. I guess we'll see what happens.

Heiman hasn't posted anything since March 20.

He did reply to a buddy on April 12th that Jimmy John's is better than Subway, so there's that. ?

5 minutes ago, doc1394 said:

I just hope these guys aren’t hearing about how they are about to be asked to transfer from Robin first. If his report ends up being true this was handled poorly by the basketball program. 

I had that same thought just a second ago. As in a "hey we're showing you guys the door." We'll see what happens. 

27 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I'm going to assume Robin didn't say this without some basis for it.

If it's true, it's really no surprise, although they should mention Dachon Burke as a guy who would be returning.

But …

1.  These players don't fit the mold of what Hoiberg would want, skill-wise; and

2.  We were told they wanted 3 grad transfers, 3 sit-out transfers and a high schooler or two, and that means

3.  We didn't have enough room if everyone stayed.

1 minute ago, Norm Peterson said:

2.  We were told they wanted 3 grad transfers, 3 sit-out transfers and a high schooler or two, and that means

Not saying you are incorrect, but who told us this and do you have a link?

I cant recall anyone from the coaching staff saying this unless i missed it.

I know college sports is a business and a big business at that but I still cringe at the notion that we are asking scholarship players to transfer.  The whole system is grossly unfair for the players and unless they transferred to a lower division, these three will likely have to sit out a year and wouldn't be eligible for a waiver to play immediately...another topic for another day.

Just now, khoock said:

Not saying you are incorrect, but who told us this and do you have a link?

Can't remember where I saw it but it was Matt Abdelmassih, I believe at his initial press conference. It's the same place where he said they want more than one guy sitting out as a transfer every year so that they have company and aren't sitting out of games by themselves. 

1 minute ago, Searching 4 Chester Surles said:

This is kinda developing into a "yikes" situation. I hope Washut was just wrong.

To clarify... I doubt Washut was wrong, but I hate to see it unfold like this. Personally I wouldn't care any less if Hoiberg wiped the entire roster. That's his prerogative. It'll suck though if Harris suddenly announces a transfer. Not because he's a crucial piece, but because he will have had the rug pulled (unless he's playing the PR game right now, until it's made official).

Just now, hhcmatt said:

Yikes

Haha. Yeah, that's what I'm sayin.

Just now, Searching 4 Chester Surles said:

To clarify... I doubt Washut was wrong, but I hate to see it unfold like this. Personally I wouldn't care any less if Hoiberg wiped the entire roster. That's his prerogative. It'll suck though if Harris suddenly announces a transfer. Not because he's a crucial piece, but because he will have had the rug pulled (unless he's playing the PR game right now, until it's made official).

I've wondered about Harris since he put his twitter account on lock

9 minutes ago, khoock said:

7 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Can't remember where I saw it but it was Matt Abdelmassih, I believe at his initial press conference. It's the same place where he said they want more than one guy sitting out as a transfer every year so that they have company and aren't sitting out of games by themselves. 

Can't tell you the exact minute (it's a 45 min video) but... (also, anyone that hasn't watched this, should... dude is the most intriguing piece of this staff... just set it to 1.5X speed so you don't have to spend 45 min on it)...

Edited by Searching 4 Chester Surles

8 minutes ago, Nebrasketball1979 said:

I know college sports is a business and a big business at that but I still cringe at the notion that we are asking scholarship players to transfer.  The whole system is grossly unfair for the players and unless they transferred to a lower division, these three will likely have to sit out a year and wouldn't be eligible for a waiver to play immediately...another topic for another day.

Nature of the business.  Im sure they could get waivers to play right away and no need for them to stay if they will never see the court.

Somebody tells me that Robin posted over on RSS that he reported some names but "no one had officially been told anything yet." So, if the players find out from reading about themselves on Rivals, that's a big bad deal.

Sean Callahan apparently also said they got a little ahead of themselves and deleted something.

Pooch screwed. They won't get anything from that source ever again.