Roster Attrition

On 4/20/2020 at 12:00 PM, jimmykc said:

A brief bit of research on Iceland reveals the following interesting facts of the day: Iceland was a monarchy from 1918 until 1944 when it became a republic. Favorite foods include singed sheep heads, and the host of tv's Bizarre Foods rates the fermented shark fin he ate in Iceland as the most disgusting food sampled in the history of the show. And DNA samples reveal some guy named Floki sired 70% of the population (made that one up). 

My father, who traveled extensively throughout the Atlantic rim (North Africa, Europe, Greenland etc) during the Korean War, said Iceland had the most beautiful women in the World 🌍 

20 hours ago, Chuck Taylor said:

I believe Iceland is the world's oldest democracy, but please don't look it up and prove me wrong.

It's also home to the world's largest gingerbread house village, composed of some 15,000 gingerbread houses made from repurposed caribou dung.

Again, don't look it up and prove me wrong.

Cross is in the portal because:

Door 1:  He was encouraged to transfer.   Staff feels pretty good with their options at the PF spot. 

Door 2:  It's mutual.  Staff will try to upgrade to get a better shooter or a stronger post.

Door  3:  Cross was not encouraged.  He just split.

Edited by REDitus

1 hour ago, REDitus said:

Door 1:  He was encouraged to transfer.   Staff feels pretty good with their options at the PF spot. 

Door 2:  It's mutual.  Staff will try to upgrade to get a better shooter or a stronger post.

I would be very interested if you are just guessing that Kevin was not encouraged to split or whether you have inside information.   I was told by an individual pretty close to the situation that he was told playing time wouldn't be there for him next season and he was encouraged to see if there wasn't a greener pasture for him to frolic in.   That information then seemed to be supported by what I just read.

It is not a big deal either way, but I am wondering if your source is more tuned in then mine...I can then give my source a bit of crap ;)

3 hours ago, Huskerpapa said:

I would be very interested if you are just guessing that Kevin was not encouraged to split or whether you have inside information.   I was told by an individual pretty close to the situation that he was told playing time wouldn't be there for him next season and he was encouraged to see if there wasn't a greener pasture for him to frolic in.   That information then seemed to be supported by what I just read.

It is not a big deal either way, but I am wondering if your source is more tuned in then mine...I can then give my source a bit of crap ;)

I absolutely have no idea.  I am as unplugged as a guy can be.  If I could get survive without my Huskers sports,  a/c, groceries store, indoor plumbing and hot&cold potable water and the occasional forey to a tackle store  I would be off the grid. 

Door 2.

I think they were honest on where they thought Cross would fit in and if he wanted a better path it might be elsewhere. It does feel like Cross would have been fine being here if he was a part of the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Dean Smith said:

Does this also count as a basketball transfer?Vedral.png

Not the biggest of losses.  Kind of a gunner, but was 0 for his career here and really just played in mop up duty.  Really telling that he didn't even get into a game until the last game of the year.  Good athlete, but his game just didn't translate to the D1 level for the little time that he was on the floor.  He should be a good pick up for someone, but he just wasn't going to get it done on the court here.  HA!

That Husker game in the photo is the ONLY game I’ve ever left early because we were getting our a** handed to us so badly... It’s funny, I listened to Mpls radio after the NFL draft (they had 5 taken) & they discussed the upcoming West race this season & beyond, the only other two programs they mentioned that they were worried about were Wisconsin & Iowa...