Roster Attrition

7 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

This would imply that Cross and Arop are gone.  Note this has not actually happened yet.

But is Arop really considered as in the rotation. He played vary sparingly throughout the season and his role only increased out of necessity (Kavas injury, Burke and Mack suspension).

Could Rothstein just have overlooked them and accidentally forgot?

I know Im probably taking his wording too literal, but just a thought.

11 minutes ago, 49r said:

Or maybe Rothstein just forgot about those guys?

Rothstein gets this information from someone and it's typically someone with the program.

From that statement I'd guess that Cross is gone, Arop might be gone, and Easily is back if he wants to pay his own way. Considering last year's report where Thor was gone and then the only guy remaining, I wouldn't quote this as gospel.

3 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Rothstein gets this information from someone and it's typically someone with the program.

From that statement I'd guess that Cross is gone, Arop might be gone, and Easily is back if he wants to pay his own way. Considering last year's report where Thor was gone and then the only guy remaining, I wouldn't quote this as gospel.

Arop just did a promotional video a few days ago with some other Husker athletes from other teams...

1 hour ago, hhcmatt said:

Typing this was the modern day equivalent of someone telling me Santa wasn't real then punching me in the gut

Ugh.  I'm still betting on Cross being on the roster next year.  Hoping that's an oversight on Rothstein's part.  A chiseled up Cross would do work next season at the four.  He'd fit right in.  The real question is whether or not he'd be willing to come off the bench.  Might be his call.  

Wouldn't shock me if Arop is gone. He committed to Miles and was kept on as a courtesy as he's not a fit with what Hoiberg wants out of that position. There were opportunities with a small roster for him to play more and he didn't. I wouldn't be surprised if he's told to look elsewhere as they can use up his roster spot with someone else.

I'm not saying anyone on this board is doing this but it's a shame sometimes how transfers are looked at as bad things. If I was working my ass off in practice and got alot of playing time on a 7 win team and better talent is being brought in my minutes go way down I'd look around as well if this was the last 3 or 4 years of highly competitive basketball I was going to play. A kid like Arop could go somewhere like Bowling Green or UMKC be a star on the team and play alot of minutes.  Whatever happens with any of our players I wish them best of luck moving forward and totally get it. It's not an easy position to be in but these guys have busted their ass it speaks positively on their character. 

This is interesting to me.

At least according to Jeff Borzello, we traded away the #39 grad transfer prospect in the country (Burke) in order to get the #26 grad transfer (Webster). (Ironically, former Husker Jeriah Horne was ranked as the #18 available grad transfer, so ...)

And we traded away the #20 (Mack) and #46 (Green) sit-out transfers in exchange for #s 7 (McGowens) and 8 (King).

So, if Borzello is to be believed, we've definitely upgraded in the exchange. And we didn't have to give up draft picks or players to be named later, so ... that's a plus.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/28167956/college-basketball-transfer-rankings-2020-21-2021-22