Roster Attrition

2 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Let's say in a hypothetical case that some player wants to finish his degree because he likes his professors so he or she remains at NU. Would they be able to walk back on to the team in that case if they wanted to do so?

I suspect that if they walked on that they would then forego their scholarship, much in the same manner that if an academic scholly walk-on steps foot on the court during game action, that scholarship immediately becomes athletic.

2 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

The key point here is that NU is not going to leave these kids twisting in the wind, regardless of NCAA or BIG 10 rules, by them having being dumped and ultimately have to pay for their own school. Nebraska will make sure these kids are taken care of. Some posts in this thread seem to imply, intentionally or not, that Nebraska is not going to take care of these kids and that is simply not true. The optics of this can appear to be a bit harsh but rest assured that these kids will be looked after, either by helping to place them in another school or keeping them on scholarship. 

I don't think I've read a single post where someone brought up a concern about any of these guys not having a scholarship somewhere other than Nana (because he was suspended).

Any sort of harshness you think you're seeing is solely about Nebraska telling some guys they couldn't play there anymore and most people understood once the initial shock wore off that it's probably a better situation for those guys to go to a team that's a better fit.

2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

I don't think I've read a single post where someone brought up a concern about any of these guys not having a scholarship somewhere other than Nana (because he was suspended).

Any sort of harshness you think you're seeing is solely about Nebraska telling some guys they couldn't play there anymore and most people understood once the initial shock wore off that it's probably a better situation for those guys to go to a team that's a better fit.

2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:
  4 hours ago, Ron Mexico said:

Some posts in this thread seem to imply, intentionally or not, that Nebraska is not going to take care of these kids and that is simply not true. 

The difference is direct vs indirect and intention. What I was attempting to do was explain to those who may have concerns, that these kids will be taken care of by NU and we don't need to the NCAA or BIG to tell us to do that. We do have an out this season if we show choose to use it and that is if a kid who doesn't want to to go anywhere that they can continue at NU w/o counting against our scholarship limit.

Regardless, this is one of those topics that is no longer an issue, for this season at least; although I believe, if history is any indicator, we will be revisiting this topic again at the end of next season when there will likely be significant roster turnover.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Navin R. Johnson said:

Amir Harris, who transferred out, has received a waiver for immediate eligibility. Shamiel Stevenson, who transferred in, still awaits his waiver decision. #Huskers

My wife graduated from GW, so definitely my second-favorite team. Gonna be a long year again for the Colonials.

1 hour ago, jayschool said:

My wife graduated from GW, so definitely my second-favorite team. Gonna be a long year again for the Colonials.

Most people might remember Yinka Dare but I was always more of a fan of Timberwolves great Mike (the Brown Bear 🐻) Brown. I had a GF that was an alum as well, so one of my small claims to fame is having sex in the Gelman Library...😆

43 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Most people might remember Yinka Dare but I was always more of a fan of Timberwolves great Mike (the Brown Bear 🐻) Brown. I had a GF that was an alum as well, so one of my small claims to fame is having sex in the Gelman Library...😆

That reminds me of the Seinfeld episode where George has sex with the cleaning lady. "Is that frowned upon?"