Roster Attrition

22 minutes ago, khoock said:

Bet he goes JUCO. Since he was a qualifier out of high school he would only have to go one year if he chose.

That's probably a good option for him.  He'll need a chance to prove himself somewhere and no one will have seen him play for a year or two.  So, going to a juco will give him a chance to audition for college coaches out there and, who knows, by this time next season, he might be a hot commodity on the recruiting trail.

40 minutes ago, khoock said:

Bet he goes JUCO. Since he was a qualifier out of high school he would only have to go one year if he chose.

Thats not entirely true. Even if you’re qualified out of high school if you attend a 4 year school and then transfer to a 2 year school you must graduate before transferring back to a 4 year school. So if he graduates after a year he could transfer but if he doesn’t graduate he’s there for a couple years. 

12 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Oh, and I also heard Jervay Green got busted with some “green” out near Scottsbluff. Don’t know how this will gum up the works, but it’s certainly unfortunate.

If this is the incident you are referring to, it looks like it happened on March 25th.

https://www.starherald.com/news/local_news_briefs/public-record-may/article_9dfe80f9-7d73-5542-864a-e92c84ac4a8d.html

Edited by Red Don

1 hour ago, Red Don said:

If this is the incident you are referring to, it looks like it happened on March 25th.

https://www.starherald.com/news/local_news_briefs/public-record-may/article_9dfe80f9-7d73-5542-864a-e92c84ac4a8d.html

That’s gotta be it, a friend of mine just told me about it today. Hopefully much ado about nothing, we’ll see...

44 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

That’s gotta be it, a friend of mine just told me about it today. Hopefully much ado about nothing, we’ll see...

Ty Outlaw for Va Tech got a grand total of 0 games when he got pinched in the midst of the NCAA tournament. My guess is Jervay will get a "Don't let it happen again" convo and that's the last we hear of it. 

3 hours ago, hhcmatt said:
3 hours ago, colhusker said:

Has anything official been announced about Davis and Harris going?

Not yet from UNL

Still on the roster as of 7PM CT, May 8th.

3 hours ago, FredsSlacks said:

imagine 3 months ago if someone told you that doc would be on the coaching staff and thor would be the only player still on the roster.

tenor.gif

5 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Drink if you didn't have Thor as the last Nebrasketball player from the Miles era on the roster.

** If you aren't drunk... you're lying.**

I actually picked it in another thread 3 weeks ago, but I would be lying if I said I stopped drinking

17 minutes ago, colhusker said:

How many live bodies are actually on the roster now.

9 (8 without Roby) and 8 (7 without Roby) that are eligible next season.

Sr - Roby, Cheatham, Kavas

Jr - Burke, Thor, Green

So - Mack, Banton (not eligible '19-'20)

Fr - Arop

Edited by throwback

1 minute ago, throwback said:

9 (8 without Roby) and 8 (7 without Roby) that are eligible next season.

Sr - Roby, Cheatham, Kavas

Jr - Burke, Thor, Green

So - Mack, Banton (not eligible '19-'20)

Fr - Arop

...don't forget Piatkowski and Easley.