Roster Attrition

On 5/7/2019 at 8:08 AM, dustystehl said:

But it appears he has asked players to move on, they've refused, and he's just renewing their scholarship(s)

Unless Thor made up what was said during his meeting, it doesn't seem like anyone had their scholarship simply renewed 

Hoiberg is doing what he feels best and that is his job. It’s not an easy one but that’s the nature of the beast now and Nebraska isn’t the only place this is happening. 

I am excited for the future and even if Fred holds onto a couple schollies for next year that’s totally fine imo as there’s no need to scramble for players if you can get some stud 2020 guys. 

5 minutes ago, TheKamdyMan said:

Hoiberg is doing what he feels best and that is his job. It’s not an easy one but that’s the nature of the beast now and Nebraska isn’t the only place this is happening. 

I am excited for the future and even if Fred holds onto a couple schollies for next year that’s totally fine imo as there’s no need to scramble for players if you can get some stud 2020 guys. 

Especially when we got a damn good walk on that can play some minutes in a pinch.  

4 minutes ago, GoBigFred said:

We shall see. Amir said the same thing a couple weeks ago. Thor back home in Iceland now, wouldn't be surprised if he took the Jack McVeigh route. 

Hey, I'm just repeating what Thor said.  I take no position on it otherwise, except that I really do think Thor is a good kid and I wish him well regardless.

1 minute ago, khoock said:

Only difference is i think Thor made his statement after his meeting with Hoiberg. Amir, i believe, said this before.

Yeah if Thor would decide to go pro this summer it wouldn't be because we asked him to.

42 minutes ago, TheKamdyMan said:

I would prefer a couple grad transfers, even if they produce Duby/Old Testament numbers or worse, or Johnny Trueblood to a couple open scholarships.  As long as they are seniors so there's some options for the 2020 cycle.

8 minutes ago, SkersHoops said:

Fred is doing what needs to be done.  We need more room for his guys.  Brady and Amir will get a year to work on their games/get healthy.  I really feel for Davis.  Hopefully he'll get a waiver and get a shot next year somewhere.

Bet he goes JUCO. Since he was a qualifier out of high school he would only have to go one year if he chose.

29 minutes ago, SkersHoops said:

Fred is doing what needs to be done.  We need more room for his guys.  Brady and Amir will get a year to work on their games/get healthy.  I really feel for Davis.  Hopefully he'll get a waiver and get a shot next year somewhere.

Has anything official been announced about Davis and Harris going?