Roster Attrition

1 hour ago, GoBigFred said:

Speaking of, the silence around Joel Ntambwe is very mysterious. Remember he has currently declared for the NBA Draft, but there's little chance he gets drafted. Maybe he's planning to withdraw his name and come here and our coaches already know that...or maybe he's done with college and going to the G League or overseas. Just weird how he hasn't said anything about going back to UNLV though. 

I think he's opting to go pro. Whether it be overseas or g league. Spring game was a month ago it seems now. 

2 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

The timing of this is about it being Finals week not necessarily who we have lined up. It's not like there has been any point where we have been full on scholarships

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/mens-basketball/nebraska-center-brady-heiman-enters-transfer-portal-after-one-season/article_34ee8ff5-6c8c-5f80-b08d-6b1e93e80875.html

Heady confirmed this earlier. All the players on scholarship met with Hoiberg today

5 minutes ago, khoock said:

Heiman states he was asked to leave. So assuming Washuts original news break was accurate, we have to assume Harris and Thorbjarnarson were asked too? And they either do not want to leave or havent announced it yet.

I think it's a fluid situation. As in we'll wait and see. 

2 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

The timing of this is about it being Finals week not necessarily who we have lined up. It's not like there has been any point where we have been full on scholarships

I guess my point wasn’t very clear. I was trying to say that if the staff feels comfortable encouraging our only 6-10 player to move on, then they must have some people lined up. I do not think they would want Brady to transfer if they had didn’t have any big men interested in coming here.

I heard on sports nightly tonight an interview with some 247 recruiting guy who said Nebraska is pretty confident they can land some more people for this year. I didn't listen to the whole thing and someone was trying to call me so I can't say all of what was said. But I can say the guy said Nebraska has some more people ready to commit. And not just for 2019.

1 hour ago, HoiBall said:

Fred knows what he’s doing. He’s not getting rid of kids unless he knows he can upgrade. This is what it means to be a big time program. Nebraska is now a destination 

Trusting what he's doing and agreeing with how he's doing it are two very different things, and I think that's why there's been pushback.