Roster Attrition

Ha, so we have Amir telling the Journal Star he's coming back next year, we have Thor tweeting a GIF of "I'm not ****ing leaving" vs. Robin's "multiple sources have confirmed Thor, Amir and Brady are moving on." All I am going to say is this:

1 Akol Arop

2 Dalano Banton

3 Dachon Burke

4 Haanif Cheatham

5 Karrington Davis

6 Jervay Green

7 Matej Kavas

8 Cam Mack

That leaves 5 open schollies for:

Isaiah Roby (pipe dream, but still his if he wants it)

Jayce Johnson

Kevin Cross

Yvan Ouedraogo

Joel Ntambwe

Jonathan Tchmawa Tchatchoua

Maurice Calloo

Anybody else we've offer a scholarship to

Amir Harris

Brady Heiman

Thorir Thorbjarnarson

Can't have 18 guys on scholarship. Not to mention we have a staff that has said they'd be fine not using all of their scholarships for this year. Harris and Heiman tie up schollies for 3 more years and Thor for 2. It would be a different story if they were entering their senior years. 

Edited by GoBigFred

1 hour ago, royalfan said:

I am fine with anyone on the team getting run out of here.  I just hope it is done as soon as possible if the writing is on the wall, so they have as much time as possible to find a proper fit.  

Not sure folks are upset that they are being asked, nudged, pick your term, to leave.  It is that the story broke before they were asked, nudged, pick your term.

2 minutes ago, colhusker said:

Not sure folks are upset that they are being asked, nudged, pick your term, to leave.  It is that the story broke before they were asked, nudged, pick your term.

Not what I was talking about but I agree.  I was simply saying in general that I hope they have ample time to land in the game of transfer musical chairs.  

Just now, royalfan said:

Not what I was talking about but I agree.  I was simply saying in general that I hope they have ample time to land in the game of transfer musical chairs.  

Sorry miss understood and agree with you on the time thing.

11 minutes ago, uneblinstu said:

Not sure that's really a pro move unless he and Hoiberg were on the same page the whole time. Obstinance probably isn't gonna get him any extra playing time.

Gotta figure that's the case thought, right? I can't imagine that kind of posturing without having communicated with the staff throughout all of this?

1 hour ago, thrasher31 said:

There's a line in the movie where he says "I'm not going anywhere mfers". No clue if this has any correlation. 

This is the quote from the gif posted

I'm a former member of the middle class raised by two accountants in a tiny apartment in Bayside, Queens. The year I turned 26, as the head of my own brokerage firm, I made $49 million, which really pissed me off because it was three shy of a million a week.

Perhaps he's signed with a pro team.....or maybe since this is finals week he just finished school for the year.  

giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, huskerhombre said:

Gotta figure that's the case thought, right? I can't imagine that kind of posturing without having communicated with the staff throughout all of this?

Or perhaps the staff didn't communicate with him?  I mean if someone leaked this to Washut and the players involved had not yet been informed and then Washut runs it and people all around have egg on their faces, I could certainly understand Thor reacting like that.  If nobody's told him he's gone, then as far as he would be concerned, he's not.  That's not obstinance or defiance.  That's just not knowing what's about to hit you.

These are good kids.  I wish them nothing but good things in their futures.  Given the regime change, I think their positions are somewhat in doubt and not secure.  They fit the last coach's style better than the current coach's style.  That's the nature of coaching changes, though.

But, if they are to be out-processed, I wouldn't want them to find out by way of someone who read HOL texting or tweeting at them about transferring. That's not the way for a kid to find out that news.

2 hours ago, GoBigFred said:

Can't have 18 guys on scholarship. Not to mention we have a staff that has said they'd be fine not using all of their scholarships for this year. Harris and Heiman tie up schollies for 3 more years and Thor for 2. It would be a different story if they were entering their senior years. 

Are we sure the NCAA would do anything about it?

Edited by TomEadesSucks

9 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Or perhaps the staff didn't communicate with him?  I mean if someone leaked this to Washut and the players involved had not yet been informed and then Washut runs it and people all around have egg on their faces, I could certainly understand Thor reacting like that.  If nobody's told him he's gone, then as far as he would be concerned, he's not.  That's not obstinance or defiance.  That's just not knowing what's about to hit you.

These are good kids.  I wish them nothing but good things in their futures.  Given the regime change, I think their positions are somewhat in doubt and not secure.  They fit the last coach's style better than the current coach's style.  That's the nature of coaching changes, though.

But, if they are to be out-processed, I wouldn't want them to find out by way of someone who read HOL texting or tweeting at them about transferring. That's not the way for a kid to find out that news.

Thanks!  I was trying to find words for all of this.  I don't mind asking a kid to start to look elsewhere.  What I do mind is how this has went down (from our current viewpoint).  I hope that we don't lose sight that these kids are people and not product.  

22 minutes ago, thrasher31 said:

So. I'd say the last few scholarships need to be prioritized for bigs. 

Still waiting on Amir and Thor. I think this is a fluid situation

If Brady Heiman is entering the transfer portal, I would assume we already have the bigs in place. 

Speaking of, the silence around Joel Ntambwe is very mysterious. Remember he has currently declared for the NBA Draft, but there's little chance he gets drafted. Maybe he's planning to withdraw his name and come here and our coaches already know that...or maybe he's done with college and going to the G League or overseas. Just weird how he hasn't said anything about going back to UNLV though.