Roster Attrition

6 hours ago, Dean Smith said:

I'm not understanding you. "If not he woulda been back for the NIT." If "he" is Allen then was at the NIT. If "he" is Tim Miles I know he was back for the NIT. And unless you have a time machine saying that Tom was gone either way is hypothetical and unknowable for certain. I'm sure this will really break you up but if that's how you talk about people you liked and still like, then maybe we just shouldn't get to know each other. 

Good one. My opinion is he was healthy enough to play in the NIT but had already checked out. Sorry we aren’t aloud the share opinions that others don’t agree with anymore. Don’t think it’s a reflection on Tim as a person or a coach. There’s just something about the way he handles business that must make guys want to leave after being here a couple years or less. 

16 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Good one. My opinion is he was healthy enough to play in the NIT but had already checked out. Sorry we aren’t aloud the share opinions that others don’t agree with anymore. Don’t think it’s a reflection on Tim as a person or a coach. There’s just something about the way he handles business that must make guys want to leave after being here a couple years or less. 

I also kinda wondered if T.A. were actually healthy enough to compete against Butler... especially since Miles had mentioned that Allen would be "ready" by a certain date, which would have been before the end of the season in the N.I.T. Oh well, none of that happened, and T.A. will now be going to N.C. St. after all. On to Freddy, and how his recruitment goes in the next 4+ mo. before school starts in the fall.

Edited by AuroranHusker

4 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

I also kinda wondered if T.A. were actually healthy enough to compete against Butler... especially since Miles had mentioned that Allen would be "ready" by a certain date, which would have been before the end of the season in the N.I.T. Oh well, none of that didn't happen, and T.A. will now be going to N.C. St. after all. On to Freddy, and how his recruitment goes in the next 4+ mo. before school starts in the fall.

Agreed. I hope Tom excels at NCST too. If he was home sick then so be it. Really all the guys who have transfered outside of ( AW3 and Jordy ) I have cheered for. And the only one I can argue made the wrong choice would be morrow and that arguement is a stretch at best. 

42 minutes ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Share an opinion, please. And in all honesty, your NIT statement was written in such a vague manner that I couldn't even tell whether you were talking about Miles or Allen. So it was an actual question not a slam on your opinion. I admit I might be the obtuse one concerning that particular topic.

But you are talking about hypotheticals as if they were fact. And maybe you did and do have inside information. I take the basketball department's word when they say he wasn't healthy enough to play. I do know high ankle sprains can take longer than broken bones to heal. And the "something about the way he handles business must make guys to leave" comment is also a slam whether you start with "I like Tim" or not. If it is something about the way he handles business then it is a reflection on Tim both as a person and a coach. I Googled "college basketball transfers" and the number I got was more than 475 players have transferred since the start of this season. That doesn't sound like a Tim Miles thing to me. You say "I like Tim" then go with the "rather sad" comment. You use conjecture and hypotheticals as if they are facts as grounds to insult Tim Miles and then get defensive when I called you on it. Implying that I said you weren't allowed to express an opinion is the definition of a strawman argument. I never said you shouldn't hold that opinion but stop playing the victim and own it. My opinion is the man is gone, stop kicking. I am rooting for Nebraska basketball whoever is sitting on the bench. 

Edited by Dean Smith

But you are talking about hypotheticals as if they were fact. And maybe you did and do have inside information. I take the basketball department's word when they say he wasn't healthy enough to play. I do know high ankle sprains can take longer than broken bones to heal.

You beat me to it, Dean...
"Thomas Allen is transferring" is a fact.
"It is possible NC State reached out to Thomas before Fred Hoiberg was hired" is a fact.
"Thomas would have transferred regardless of who the coach is" is speculation, not fact, and his NIT playing time is irrelevant. Like Dean said, ankle sprains can be monsters to come back from, and his wasn't healed enough that playing him on it, in the circumstances under which the team was playing, was worth the risk of hindering his progress or potentially re-injuring it. Sometimes tea leaves can be read, and sometimes they're just what's left in the bottom of your cup.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Love to see that we are going to still take HYPOTHETICAL shots at Tim.  Seems about par for the course

I don’t think posting Thomas was gone regardless who was coach is a shot at Miles.  It wasn’t exactly a secret that TA was a bit homesick. 

Nothing Miles or Hoiberg could do about that. 

4 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I don't recall if it was said on this page but losing Kenya, his main recruiter, was probably a bigger factor than anything else.

It was no sure thing that he was going to be here for his soph year. 

I don't think he's still here if Miles is here.

Yeah, I mentioned that and did someone else. I do believe the fact that T.A. only referred to Hunter's name in his farewell tweet is what's known as "telling."

13 minutes ago, GATA said:

Have you?

21 minutes ago, hal9000 said:

Is Dachon Burke still N?  Heard on Sip and Jake last week he's "exploring his options."  Think it was Mike Schaefer who said that, but I'd have to go back and chekc. 

This where I had heard something about it too..?  Sorry Hal I stole your quote from another page.

Edited by ConkintheCorner

So Hoiberg has been on the job for what, a week and a half? We still have a lot of players up in the air.

- Thomas Allen is not N

- Isaiah Roby is TBD

- Dachon Burke and Akol Arop are N

- Jervay will decide on Monday

- MAW reopen his recruitment but is still considering Nebraska

Any word on Nana, Thor, Brady Heiman, Amir, Karrington Davis and Trueblood/Borchardt? Personally havent seen anything.

Edited by khoock

56 minutes ago, khoock said:

So Hoiberg has been on the job for what, a week and a half? We still have a lot of players up in the air.

- Thomas Allen is not N

- Isaiah Roby is TBD

- Dachon Burke and Akol Arop are N

- Jervay will decide on Monday

- MAW reopen his recruitment but is still considering Nebraska

Any word on Nana, Thor, Brady Heiman, Amir, Karrington Davis and Trueblood/Borchardt? Personally havent seen anything.

So, has Dachon definitively said he is N? 

• 3 weeks later...