Roster Attrition

While the post from him didnt leave me with warm fuzzies, I think we let him go get his grade and see what they suggest for him to fix or if he should just stay in the draft. If they grade him late second and the things they suggest he fix fit Hoibergs style, then he comes back. If they want him to be different, I could see him grad transfer to a bigger name. Honestly it might depend on who we surround around him. Roby probably doesnt want to play on a garbage team.

26 minutes ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

While the post from him didnt leave me with warm fuzzies, I think we let him go get his grade and see what they suggest for him to fix or if he should just stay in the draft. If they grade him late second and the things they suggest he fix fit Hoibergs style, then he comes back. If they want him to be different, I could see him grad transfer to a bigger name. Honestly it might depend on who we surround around him. Roby probably doesnt want to play on a garbage team.

You have to graduate to be a grad transfer.  He is not eligible to be a GT.  He isn't messing with us.

4 hours ago, kldm64 said:

Most of us (or at least I did) expected Roby to roll the dice and take his shot at the NBA.  As a fan, I really wanted him to return but not looking promising at this point.  Whatever direction he goes, I will always be a fan of his.

Watching what happened to Isaac this past year has to be on the back of his mind.

3 hours ago, HuskerCager said:

Watching what happened to Isaac this past year has to be on the back of his mind.

Way back of his mind. Everyone in their early 20's is immortal and indestructible. I know I thought I was at that age. He is a world-class athlete. You might think of it but you never really think it could happen to you. I don't think it will play any part in his decision, 

4 hours ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

I would assume he could still graduate but no idea.

He has to have all his credits and everything accomplished before he could do that. As far as I know he’s still a junior status student and wouldn’t think he would wanna sit out somewhere if he were to transfer.

My gut reaction is they give him mid 2nd round grades based on potential and he tests and is left out of the draft. Hope I’m wrong and we get him back for one more year.

8 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Back to the squad T.A. originally committed to out of H.S. -- that was before Kenya Hunter convinced him and the other Raleigh dudes to consider Lincoln a destination.

Sounds like he was gone even if Miles was retained.

With another year to round out his game, he’s going to be very solid for NC St. 

7 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

I liked and still like Tim but facts are facts Allen was gone either way. If not he woulda been back for the NIT

I'm not understanding you. "If not he woulda been back for the NIT." If "he" is Allen then was at the NIT. If "he" is Tim Miles I know he was back for the NIT. And unless you have a time machine saying that Tom was gone either way is hypothetical and unknowable for certain. I'm sure this will really break you up but if that's how you talk about people you liked and still like, then maybe we just shouldn't get to know each other. 

Edited by Dean Smith

2 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Not speaking for BTH, per se, but I took that specific reference to mean that Tom should have played in the N.I.T. yet never did.

Which would have had nothing to do with him staying or going. He liked Miles and Nebraska and would have played if healthy. If you watched him on the bench he was being a great teammate.