Roster Attrition

18 hours ago, colhusker said:

tcp what is there to flush?  Serious question, I thought for the most part other than not fitting the new style, things are not bad chemistry wise.

Nothing insidious, hence the quote marks. It's like a radiator--nothing wrong with the old fluid other than that it's old and did its job. On the other hand, there may be habits, approaches, and other miscellany that new coach wants switched out from old coach. If someone's resistant to change at the program level, just be done with it. The biggest speculation I would have--and that's all it is--is that there's something structural in the old program that led to breakdowns in team play. Moos was suspicious of this program from the beginning and we've all heard various commentators mention how "soft" we looked during the big swoon and in other big games from last season, just by way of example. 

6 minutes ago, tcp said:

Nothing insidious, hence the quote marks. It's like a radiator--nothing wrong with the old fluid other than that it's old and did its job. On the other hand, there may be habits, approaches, and other miscellany that new coach wants switched out from old coach. If someone's resistant to change at the program level, just be done with it. The biggest speculation I would have--and that's all it is--is that there's something structural in the old program that led to breakdowns in team play. Moos was suspicious of this program from the beginning and we've all heard various commentators mention how "soft" we looked during the big swoon and in other big games from last season, just by way of example. 

Thanks, makes a lot of sense.

37 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I don’t see how Amir fits into Hoibergs offense unless he somehow develops a jumper in the offseason. But hopefully he will stick around for next year. If so I feel good about our guards. I’m assuming Roby is gone, so the staff will need to dig deep to find help at the 4-5. 

We might see a starting lineup of MAW, Green, and Dachon which, IMO, is a really good looking trio of guards for Fred’s system.  I think Costello will get a look in this system as well.  

I can can see Amir being a useful player for any coach as he is an ELITE defender and great in transition, plus he plays with his hair on fire and obviously plays through pain.  They’ll work with him on his shot.  It’s really the only flaw in his game when you think about it.  

I also think Brady makes a big jump next year and will have a serviceable three point shot by the time the season begins as well.  

But man... if we get Roby back and a stretch 4 transfer or something, call me crazy but I think we roll out a pretty explosive team.  I think our newcomers are going to really surprise some people.  

30 minutes ago, LK1 said:

We might see a starting lineup of MAW, Green, and Dachon which, IMO, is a really good looking trio of guards for Fred’s system.  I think Costello will get a look in this system as well.  

I can can see Amir being a useful player for any coach as he is an ELITE defender and great in transition, plus he plays with his hair on fire and obviously plays through pain.  They’ll work with him on his shot.  It’s really the only flaw in his game when you think about it.  

I also think Brady makes a big jump next year and will have a serviceable three point shot by the time the season begins as well.  

But man... if we get Roby back and a stretch 4 transfer or something, call me crazy but I think we roll out a pretty explosive team.  I think our newcomers are going to really surprise some people.  

Don’t think Costello is back, he wants to go somewhere that he can play more minutes. 

I hope you’re right on Brady, but he’s gonna need a huge jump.

I do like Amir as he can be the slasher and defensive stopper for the other teams best guard and is good in transition.

It’s gonna be a fun next month! GBR

1 hour ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I don’t see how Amir fits into Hoibergs offense unless he somehow develops a jumper in the offseason. But hopefully he will stick around for next year. If so I feel good about our guards. I’m assuming Roby is gone, so the staff will need to dig deep to find help at the 4-5. 

He doesn't work as the point guard. He'd have to be a small forward you make work like Nojel Eastern at Purdue.  That team shot a ton of 3s and he was a starter despite everyone knowing that he can't/won't shoot from the outside. (he went 0-4 from 3pt range this year)

17 hours ago, hskr4life said:

Not a ton out there for immediately eligible yet.

Lots of guys transferring from Northwestern, however. What's up with that?

Collins had one shining season and now appears the wheels are falling off.  And he's been extended to, like, 2025. So they either stick with it and see where it goes or pay him a lot of money to not coach.

1 hour ago, Norm Peterson said:

Collins had one shining season and now appears the wheels are falling off.  And he's been extended to, like, 2025. So they either stick with it and see where it goes or pay him a lot of money to not coach.

Northwestern fans be like 

Suck.png

Dam just looked into that. I really thought they would be competitive next season too

2 hours ago, LK1 said:

That's pretty much how I see it. If Roby's back to ballin' for the Big Red, this could be a really, really fun season in 2019-20. Fred Hoiberg & Co. will put players in position to be successful, whether that be Amir or Brady, their flaws will be negated this upcoming off-season. The guys will work as hard or harder than ever. I have complete faith in The Process.

If Collins is anything like his father, which I think he is, he's probably a huge jackwagon to his players. Oh well, that's their problem. I hope the real NU clobbers the Chicagoland area's Nu.

49 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

That's pretty much how I see it. If Roby's back to ballin' for the Big Red, this could be a really, really fun season in 2019-20. Fred Hoiberg & Co. will put players in position to be successful, whether that be Amir or Brady, their flaws will be negated this upcoming off-season. The guys will work as hard or harder than ever. I have complete faith in The Process.

It would be great if Roby where to talk to Stanley Morgan. 

4 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

FH likes 3's but also likes guys who can get to the rim. I'm sure he also likes guys who can play defense.

For the most part we saw very little of Amir this season. I don't think he attempted a single 3 all season. 

Just now, Ron Mexico said:

FH likes 3's but also likes guys who can get to the rim. I'm sure he also likes guys who can play defense.

For the most part we saw very little of Amir this season. I don't think he attempted a single 3 all season. 

You are correct.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/stats/_/id/4397216/amir-harris