Roster Attrition

5 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Some people have been out for Thor since the minute he arrived on campus.  We tend to do that to our players from time to time.  Benny, Tai (his first two years) etc.

Has nothing to do with being out for him.  There's no sinister motive here.  He's just not a high level Big 10 type player, nor will he ever be.   That's just the truth, regardless of what type of narrative you want to put on it.   I'm really not that high on Davis and I don't know if Davis is at that level, but we haven't seen that he's not yet and he has 4 years vs. 2 to develop.

Edited by nustudent

4 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

We're going to be worrying about filling scholarships, not having too many guys for the near future 

Yep.   Next year will be lean.

Of the 11 listed, I'd be surprised if more than 7 of them are here next year.   The rest of the roster will be newcomers

Edited by nustudent

16 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

Nana has been lazy developing his upper body and lateral quickness. He has the potential to be a very good player if he puts in the work. My concern would center around wether he has been taking care of his academics. No inside info here but just speculating that was why he was suspended 

That's not why he was suspended.

6 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

We're going to be worrying about filling scholarships, not having too many guys for the near future 

Assuming its Hoiberg, you think that that many players leave under their own power? Or more like Hoiberg pushes some out to bring in players more talented or suited to his style of play?

1 minute ago, khoock said:

Assuming its Hoiberg, you think that that many players leave under their own power? Or more like Hoiberg pushes some out to bring in players more talented or suited to his style of play?

I think it is very feasible they leave without Hoiberg influence.

Akenten:  It may not be his choice

Allen:   Think he's already gone.

Roby:   Pros

Green:   Colorado.

23 minutes ago, khoock said:

The argument for Miles is that he was bringing in talent but not developing them and/or putting together a complete roster. We're also talking about having to bring in guys for next year, some of which will probably not be able to play because they will be transfers.

I think we try to keep anyone who wasn't suspended last year as well as all our recruits

33 minutes ago, AuroranHusker said:

I would assume Roby & Green would be more likely than Allen, only because T.A. already has his foot outta the door, it seems.

I think the fact that Fred has NBA head coach experience is a huge factor in getting Roby to stay. If Hoiberg can convince Roby that he will help prepare him for the NBA in a way that he hasn’t had before, he may be able to get him to stay.

2 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

I am also hopeful that we can talk to tanner and johnie about coming back

I am especially hopeful this would occur with Tanner. If it could I put him in the top 3 with Roby and Allen. As to Norms point about Allen...I have seen Tanner play against D1 competition. Really liked what I saw

Edited by cornfed24-7
Sp

20 minutes ago, HoiBall said:

Our roster will need an overhaul. Fred expects to have shooters at every position. Not sure we have one you could call a shooter right now. Maybe Thomas?

I do think Amir will be a nice piece in his offense though. Shooters create space for slashers like him

Honest question. You seeing Year 2 bigger than Miles' or Doc's Year 2? They're hard to compare, but it seems Miles started off in a much better place than Doc did. And Hoiberg the same.

25 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

Honest question. You seeing Year 2 bigger than Miles' or Doc's Year 2? They're hard to compare, but it seems Miles started off in a much better place than Doc did. And Hoiberg the same.

Too early to tell without seeing what players he can get right away or which ones are available next year. I’m just saying this team will look completely different in not only name but in skill set