Roster Attrition

1 minute ago, khoock said:

Yep. Would love to have him 10-15 min off the bench next year!

Tanner that is.

Tanner's a beast. He'd be great for Hoiberg. Whatever role, Borchardt is on it. Get T-d up, no problem. Bang on the boards, sure thing. Love that dude's spirit and work ethic. #NebraskaStrong

1 hour ago, AuroranHusker said:

Tanner's a beast. He'd be great for Hoiberg. Whatever role, Borchardt is on it. Get T-d up, no problem. Bang on the boards, sure thing. Love that dude's spirit and work ethic. #NebraskaStrong

The memory I will carry from this past season is his root canal game. Showed his character right there. That was quite a moment.

3 hours ago, Vinny said:

The memory I will carry from this past season is his root canal game. Showed his character right there. That was quite a moment.

Yeah, he definitely balled out for the Big Red that particular night, and many other nights... he was a rock, especially after Cope went down. That Gothenburg dude's a total beast !!!

Edited by AuroranHusker

29 minutes ago, nebrasketball10 said:

You’re probably right... but doesn’t it “vest” in the sense that you have to pay it back if you don’t stick around for x years? I could be wrong...

If I remember right, the individual has to be employed for x amount of years before the reduced tuition is allowed.   It may have changed but that was the rule when the Cotton clan was here.  

6 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Yeah, and I said that I don't think paying tuition is gonna be an issue for the Hoiberg clan. It's all good, nu.

Just because they have the means to, doesn't mean they should be expected to either.   If his kid can play and is better than what we have, he's worthy of a spot.   The walk-on vs. scholarship debate should be settled based on competition/talent, not the parents financial picture.

1 hour ago, nustudent said:

Just because they have the means to, doesn't mean they should be expected to either.   If his kid can play and is better than what we have, he's worthy of a spot.   The walk-on vs. scholarship debate should be settled based on competition/talent, not the parents financial picture.

If he ends up playing a bunch here I can make a row 14 in the scholarship matrix like the bluejay underground had to when the Jays were smuggling in extra players ?‍♂️

3 hours ago, avfan2121 said:

Even if tuition was free for someone, they count against the scholarship number as soon as they play in a game (I think). I know in football walk-ons can receive academic scholarships, but they either forfeit those or count against the scholarship number once they play a snap.

I don’t think so. McDermott played as a walk-on for a while up the road. 

20 minutes ago, nebrasketball10 said:

I don’t think so. McDermott played as a walk-on for a while up the road. 

Paying your way is different that being on something other than an athletic scholarship. I'm not sure what the rules are basketball vs. football in this case, but if you're paying your way, you don't count against scholarship numbers regardless of whether or not you see the field/court.

Edited by uneblinstu

8 hours ago, nustudent said:

I never said it "should be" -- merely mentioned the fact that $$ isn't an issue, per se. No need to get all flustered by simple stating facts.