Roster Attrition

43 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

To me it sounds like Donovan is going to remain N and there is work to do on Green

To me green seems like a guy who wants to go somewhere that he can get a lot of shots up. Maybe that’s here w hoiberg. Maybe that’s at Colorado. The way things are going it looks like he’s a starter here. No sure what Colorado’s situation is 

The early prognosis from recruits has been great. Quite honestly, if it was anybody but Hoiberg we are probably talking about a total rebuild. 

We we will see if Hoiberg keeps all of the recruits but if he can somehow pull off Green, Roby, Allen next year doesn’t look so bad. Still missing some pieces but would love to see what the current roster + our incoming recruits can do under Hoiberg. 

11 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

if it was anybody but Hoiberg we are probably talking about a total rebuild. 

This. And as vocal as some people have been to the Miles Apologists, this seemed like a major concern from those people. If they couldn't get a program-changing name in here, they seemed to prefer Miles to continue to take the reigns.

18 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

The early prognosis from recruits has been great. Quite honestly, if it was anybody but Hoiberg we are probably talking about a total rebuild. 

We we will see if Hoiberg keeps all of the recruits but if he can somehow pull off Green, Roby, Allen next year doesn’t look so bad. Still missing some pieces but would love to see what the current roster + our incoming recruits can do under Hoiberg. 

Seems like MAW is 'N' from comments I had heard. Will be interesting to see how Hoiberg & Co. handle this in the next 4-5 months, tbh.

3 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Be careful with that logic or you will be accused of being drunk or high by pimp Mario and bill selfs tupae

Edited by DOATHLON

2 hours ago, Bill Self's Toupee said:

I don't think I was a Miles "Apologist", but I was more than willing to give him more time IF we were not going to see a significant upgrade in Head Coach ability.  I think Hoiberg clearly fits that criteria, so I am A-Okay now. Was feeling a lot of trepidation the past few weeks.

You were a Miles apologist. It’s okay. You can admit you were wrong now. It’s great to be horribly wrong when it benefits your team. 

1 hour ago, DOATHLON said:

You were a Miles apologist. It’s okay. You can admit you were wrong now. It’s great to be horribly wrong when it benefits your team. 

Moos was obviously quietly calling around to find a new coach last year to try and replace a coach who won 22 games.  Didn't happen.

Prior to that you're looking at Eichorst making a hire. 

This year you fire Miles before the end of the season or NIT and you turn a very popular coach in Miles into more of a martyr which is asking the team to transfer out and giving our recruits more time to be stolen. The Miles era lasted an appropriate length.

Turns out it isn't great to show lack of character when you're horribly wrong about rooting against your own team.

6 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

To me green seems like a guy who wants to go somewhere that he can get a lot of shots up. Maybe that’s here w hoiberg. Maybe that’s at Colorado. The way things are going it looks like he’s a starter here. No sure what Colorado’s situation is 

Colorado has a young team that basically brings back everyone. In that regards, we're probably a better option for shots. However, Green was highly sought after so there has to be a lot more suitors than Colorado. In the short term it's going to be a scramble and next year will probably be rough.

20 hours ago, hhcmatt said:

Colorado has a young team that basically brings back everyone. In that regards, we're probably a better option for shots. However, Green was highly sought after so there has to be a lot more suitors than Colorado. In the short term it's going to be a scramble and next year will probably be rough.

Next year might be rough but doesn't have to be if the right chips fall the way they realistically could.

I think the back court Miles had lined up would be a very good back court with Green, Allen, Burke, Adams-Woods and Harris.  In that order, by the way.

If the rumors about Cameron Lard have legs and if, for some spectacular reason, the NCAA (with its seemingly more liberal approach to granting recruits immediate eligibility) granted him some sort of eligibility waiver, and we got Roby back, we would have a respectable front court as well.

At that point, we actually might not suck next season.  Odds of all of that happening are probably less than 1%.

#strangerthings

17 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Next year might be rough but doesn't have to be if the right chips fall the way they realistically could.

I think the back court Miles had lined up would be a very good back court with Green, Allen, Burke, Adams-Woods and Harris.  In that order, by the way.

If the rumors about Cameron Lard have legs and if, for some spectacular reason, the NCAA (with its seemingly more liberal approach to granting recruits immediate eligibility) granted him some sort of eligibility waiver, and we got Roby back, we would have a respectable front court as well.

At that point, we actually might not suck next season.  Odds of all of that happening are probably less than 1%.

#strangerthings

Stranger things have occurred. That scenario doesn't seem implausible, well, not entirely. We'll have to wait & see. These next 4-6 mo. will be intriguing, if nothing else.

On 3/30/2019 at 5:24 PM, B-town hoopsfan said:

Colorado has two young guards.  Wonder what the attraction is there?

16 minutes ago, ConkTrifecta3 said:

My guess for next season’s roster:

Burke

Allen

Harris

Roby

Heiman

Green

Adams-Woods

Arop

Obvious who is left out here, will have to hit the transfer market hard and snag a few that are immediately eligible. 

So Thorir will be cut loose.

Top 5 players we are most likely to lose:

1. Isaiah Roby: could go pro. If hes playing college ball next year it will be for Nebraska imo.

2. Nana Akenten: suspended for the last 6 games of the year. Has removed "Nebraska Basketball" from Twitter bio FWIW

3. Thomas Allen: contemplated leaving last year for something closer to home. Already in the transfer portal. However, would be a great fit in Hoiberg's system

4. Thorir Thorbjarnarson: contemplating going back to Iceland to play professionally. If hes playing college ball next year it will be at Nebraska.

5. Karrington Davis: huge question mark. Health is a huge factor. Where does he fit in?