Roster Attrition

17 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

You sure about that, bro?

season Team
2018-19
NEBNEB

GP GS MPG FG FG% 3PT 3P% FT FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
30 0 8.5 0.8-1.4 59.5 0.0-0.0 0.0 0.2-0.6 29.4 0.8 1.0 1.7 0.1 0.5 0.1 1.1 0.2 1.8

season Team
2018-19

GP GS MPG FG FG% 3PT 3P% FT FT% OR DR REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
27 0 7.8 0.6-1.0 53.6 0.0-0.0 0.0 0.2-0.4 50.0 0.6 0.9 1.4 0.2 0.3 0.0 2.0 0.3 1.3

Judging by the teams who has shown interest in each, its fair to say that one is perceived to have a much higher upside than the other 

11 hours ago, B-town hoopsfan said:

Hope they have some plan to get a legit center in here. Gonna get pounded in big ten play in the post w our current roster. Time will tell 

Do you really think they told our only guy taller than 6-8 that he should leave without having any plans for the bigs? 

36 minutes ago, millerhusker said:

That's true. But that's not Hoiberg's fault. I'm sure Washut regrets reporting it when he did.

No i do not think Hoiberg himself talked to Washut...Robin talked to someone(s) in the program.

One attributes that to Hoiberg insomuch as you attribute anything that happens in the program to the head coach.

52 minutes ago, nustudent said:

Judging by the teams who has shown interest in each, its fair to say that one is perceived to have a much higher upside than the other 

I'd agree. Part of Washington not playing is that between TInkle's son at the 4 and their two upperclassmen centers there wasn't much playing time. If we had similar depth here at the 4 and 5 it's probable that Brady redshirts.

Speaking of redshirts if Jordy stays or we find a plug in big man it seems likely that Brady redshirts and it seems more likely he stays.  In some ways Miles not finding a big man last year opens things up more for us this year.

3 hours ago, millerhusker said:

That's true. But that's not Hoiberg's fault. I'm sure Washut regrets reporting it when he did.

Robin comes off badly to a lot of people through no fault of his own. It’s 100 percent on the source. Whomever it was had no business sharing that with the media prior to the kids finding out on their own. 

I find in’s it really weird that people would put any blame on the reporter here (not saying you are, but just people in general on this board). 

Edited by GATA

14 minutes ago, GATA said:

Robin comes off badly to a to a lot of people through no fault of his own. It’s 100 percent on the source. Whomever it was had no business sharing that with the media prior to the kids finding out on their own. 

I find in’s it really weird that people would put any blame on the reporter here (not saying you are, but just people in general on this board). 

Yep, I'm with ya. I should've expanded on those thoughts in my post.

36 minutes ago, GATA said:

Robin comes off badly to a to a lot of people through no fault of his own. It’s 100 percent on the source. Whomever it was had no business sharing that with the media prior to the kids finding out on their own. 

I don't blame Robin. But I think Robin should probably take the hit and apologize as though it was his fault. It isn't about today. You have to  look at the long term relationship you want to have with that source.

6 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I don't blame Robin. But I think Robin should probably take the hit and apologize as though it was his fault. It isn't about today. You have to  look at the long term relationship you want to have with that source.

No doubt. Robin is in a no win situation because of his source. 

I just wish people were a little more thoughtful regarding the topic. Far too many people are placing blame where it doesn’t belong.  

I find media bashing to be incredibly annoying anyway, especially since I know many of these guys to be 1) good reporters and 2) good people. 

4 hours ago, Norm Peterson said:

I agree that would be the case for Karrington Davis if we were talking about Karrington Davis.  I do not agree, for a variety of reasons, that would apply to Amir Harris.

Something to keep an eye out for

4 hours ago, GoBigFred said:

Do you really think they told our only guy taller than 6-8 that he should leave without having any plans for the bigs? 

It wouldn't surprise me if they didn't have a big locked down before cutting Heiman loose. Just because Brady is tall doesn't mean he can play the style HCFH wants to play. Sometimes you have to release those who don't fit to prove to those you are recruiting who do fit that there is playing time for them.

On 5/2/2019 at 12:42 PM, thrasher31 said:

Thorir know the wolf of wall Street. Ok. He's good in my book now. 

No clue if this means anything. In the off chance it does great. If not great

On 5/2/2019 at 12:47 PM, thrasher31 said:

There's a line in the movie where he says "I'm not going anywhere mfers". No clue if this has any correlation. 

Nailed it

My way off base theory that is probably not true is... that Hoiberg and Thorir came to a mutual agreement that he will go pro (in Iceland) after his junior year.

A year under Hoiberg would do good for Thorir. And Hoiberg more than likely wants his scholarship more for 2020 than 2019. Also gives you a body who is a culture guy that will do whatever is asked of him and wont complain if his role is small.

thor's that energizer bunny every program needs. dude's pure hustle. i hope like hell he's back, and wasn't exactly pleased at the prospect that he might be forced out. 

he gets any kind of shot at all, preferably a mid-ranger that could compliment his quickness, and he could contribute a few minutes like he did at the end of the season. 

anyhoo, glad to see our Icelandic brother return. 

16 hours ago, Shawn Eichorst's Toupee said:

Trusting what he's doing and agreeing with how he's doing it are two very different things, and I think that's why there's been pushback.

There's been pushback?    (I think this will be our question in about one year from now. :wink:)