Roster Attrition

I suppose anything is possible, but I'm not buying this.  Sounds like nothing more than a ploy to get Wardle more money at Bradley.  

I swear, if we fired Miles to hire Brian Wardle........

If we fire Tim Miles, mention Fred Hoiberg by name, say we’re looking to win conference titles, and hire a known recruiter, and hire a coach from a school that isn’t even a top 3 job in the Missouri Valley, there may be riots

23 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Anything you think or assume might happen, you can throw right out the window. Now I hear Hoiberg is luke warm on Nebraska & we’ve been in touch with the Bradley coach.

That would be awkward his aunt and uncle have a welcome Fred sign in their yard that the put up today.

1 minute ago, NebrasketballJake said:

If we fire Tim Miles, mention Fred Hoiberg by name, say we’re looking to win conference titles, and hire a known recruiter, and hire a coach from a school that isn’t even a top 3 job in the Missouri Valley, there may be riots

You said it.   I may be leading the riots in the streets myself!

5 minutes ago, Klas3131 said:

I suppose anything is possible, but I'm not buying this.  Sounds like nothing more than a ploy to get Wardle more money at Bradley.  

I swear, if we fired Miles to hire Brian Wardle........

Like $20?

BTW the first rule of accounts you don't want traced back to you is not to be the first person to follow that account

image.png

2 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Anything you think or assume might happen, you can throw right out the window. Now I hear Hoiberg is luke warm on Nebraska & we’ve been in touch with the Bradley coach.

Moos said he reached out to the top 3 candidates.  If the Bradly coach was in the top 3... we have problems.

Nope this was the right thread.  So anywho, I was thinking about our roster.  Really, most of the roster will turnover.  Perhaps sans a few, but here are my thoughts:

Glynn - gone.

Palmer - gone.

Tanner - gone.

Cope - gone.

Trueblood - gone.

Isaiah - I am betting 60/40 to return.  Arguments certainly can be made either way.

Nana - gone

Tom - 60/40 that he returns.  If he leaves, it is to follow Hunter.

Amir - 70/30 that he returns. I am not sure he will have as many options to go to high division one team

Davis - 50/50.  So much is unknown, including health and his fit with new coach

Burke - 80/20 that he stays.  If he transfers, does he lose a year?

Thor - 75/25 that he leaves. Sort of the same as with Karrington...

Brady - 95% sure that he returns

Costello - No clue.  What parameters will the new coach put on walk-on's?

1 minute ago, Huskerpapa said:

Nope this was the right thread.  So anywho, I was thinking about our roster.  Really, most of the roster will turnover.  Perhaps sans a few, but here are my thoughts:

Glynn - gone.

Palmer - gone.

Tanner - gone.

Cope - gone.

Trueblood - gone.

Isaiah - I am betting 60/40 to return.  Arguments certainly can be made either way.

Nana - gone

Amir - 70/30 that he returns. I am not sure he will have as many options to go to high division one team

Burke, Roby, Amir, Tom would be awesome to build a foundation off of. Get a 1-2 good to decent grad transfers and keep the class intact (with the possibility that we have to replace one or two)...not a complete empty cupboard. I think Hoiberg would give Tim a big ol hug. 

9 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Glynn - gone.

Palmer - gone.

Tanner - gone.

Cope - gone.

Trueblood - gone.

Nana - gone

Davis just redshirted. Seems like he's in the same boat as Burke.

Costello will be here if he wants to be here.

22 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

Nana - gone

I have no idea how to handicap the decision of a late teens/early 20s kid in an era of all these transfers.

Roby would have a ton of options. If he graduates, he'd be the most sought-after graduate transfer in the nation.  Or he could go pro.  Or he could stay here and play his senior season on a team that might be just a shell of what it was this past year for a coach who probably has a pretty good idea of what he'd need to do to make himself an NBA player.

Nana almost certainly wouldn't have an option to stay. That's all I'll say about that.

Thomas Allen's best friend on the team, Nana, was a bad influence.  He's better off if Nana goes.  But that's a lot of turmoil in an age where kids tend not to stick with a situation and see it through.  

Amir? Is there room in Hoiberg's system for a 6'5" combo guard who completely lacks a perimeter jump shot?

Davis. Where's he gonna go? Wasn't a heavy recruiting battle for him and, being injured, had no chance to really show anything. It's probably here or a juco.  I always liked his film.  If he gets healthy, I think he could contribute.

Burke. Is he on pace to graduate? If not, he probably doesn't have much choice. He could take a chance on a hardship. But if he stays, he's probably a back court star on a team that plays in the Big 10.  Is there really a better option?

Thor will probably never be a star player but he shows flashes when he gets a chance to get in there.  His downfall is, again, he's a guard with no jumper.  Not sure how that works in a Hoiberg system.

Brady should redshirt.  Transferring would allow him to do that.  Probably wouldn't be able to redshirt if he stayed, but at this point, you'd have to think he'd anchor the front line given who we have on the roster and who we have committed.  A lot can obviously change between now and when fall classes start.  Hoiberg is known for mining the transfer market, so inside help is probably on the way.  I think you keep a kid like Brady and work with him.  His options are probably somewhat limited and he'd probably like to stay somewhat close to home anyway.  So ...

I think Hoiberg's system demands shooters.  That means he needs to keep ahold of Jervay Green, Mika Adams-Woods and Thomas Allen. Those three, with Burke, could be a pretty formidable backcourt. But I'm expecting quite a lot of turbulence and turnover between now and when fall classes start.