Nebraska vs. Creighton Game Thread

Bugeaters1

2 minutes ago, brfrad said:

Are you watching the game, bugeaters?  Was it a bad call on the interference?  Greg and Ben said Chick just slid into 2nd.

It looked like when he slid he hit the guys feet and made the throw go awary. it happened so fast hard to tell on video though.

47 minutes ago, Bugeaters1 said:

It looked like when he slid he hit the guys feet and made the throw go awary. it happened so fast hard to tell on video though.

That's a rule that needs fixed.  If I were a 2nd basemen or shortstop,  I would just stand on 2nd base.  The runner would most likely make contact with you.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, khoock said:

I believe the blue birds are just inside/outside of the RPI Top 25. 

I think we are just inside 40 atm. Will be another nice win and series clincher if we take care of business tomorrow.

As of this morning, Creighton is #26... just dropped from #25.  

Nebraska jumped from #46 to #40.

6 hours ago, khoock said:

I believe the blue birds are just inside/outside of the RPI Top 25. 

I think we are just inside 40 atm. Will be another nice win and series clincher if we take care of business tomorrow.

Hope to be at the game tomorrow. If work allows it.

Not a good night for the boys.  It was bound to happen,  Perry struggling.  The good news is Creighton's RPI is good.  We beat them already on the road.  Ed Servais can't develop a midweek starter to face us.  I don't mind an opponent using a bunch of pitchers.  It means all of them have to be on.

Midweek is one of the biggest differences between our program now vs when it was rolling.  More often than not we have to trot out a young kid like Perry and you are just not sure what you are going to get from them. 

Hopefully the team can put it behind them.  Penn St is another bad baseball team that we could potentially sweep and get to 10-2 in conference play. 

3 hours ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

Midweek is one of the biggest differences between our program now vs when it was rolling.  More often than not we have to trot out a young kid like Perry and you are just not sure what you are going to get from them. 

Hopefully the team can put it behind them.  Penn St is another bad baseball team that we could potentially sweep and get to 10-2 in conference play. 

We've only lost one midweek game... against a team that is nearly 20 spots better than us in the RPI... Not sure where you're going with "midweek is the difference?  Did we never lose a midweek game when we were "rolling?"