Post-Miles Press Conference

Just now, Klas3131 said:

Yes, entirely possible.  He didn't duck the question on whether he's talked to Hoiberg.  Just kind of strange that he said he's like a great recruiter.  I know that Fred can hire a staff of great recruiters.  And he prefers the 4 year player, and we all know Fred's a transfer guy.  I realize Moos did say that he knows it's a different world right now and transfer are a part of he deal.

I'm probably reading way too much into some of his statements.  

If you read the Riley presser, sounds a lot like this one - and the only name named in the Riley presser was Frost. The only name mentioned today was Hoiberg. Lots of parallels between the two press conferences.

16 minutes ago, HuskerFever said:

"7-14 days" was also mentioned right after stating that it is March Madness season.

The state has a seven day rule about hiring after a fire or just hiring in general I believe. Not for sure if it goes up to this level of pay or not 

Edited by B-town hoopsfan

6 minutes ago, Bill Self's Toupee said:

That is my understanding, and why there was no reason to push forward with the Scott Frost hire - I think it went like this... Riley was fired Saturday morning, UCF played the AAC CCG the next Saturday, Frost announced the following Sunday morning.  Counting on fingers gets me 8 days from the firing of Riley to the hiring of Frost.

So I don't expect a press conference announcing our next HC until next Tuesday or Wednesday.

Sweet 16 and Elite Eight are this weekend. I'd imagine they'd want to announce Hoiberg Monday so he can get prepared for the Final Four networking events right away.

Ya know... In this world of social media and instant communication, so much gets said in between the actual actions and press conferences, that you forget that there are real people out there making decisions based off of their reasoning and they probably got it right.

I've been very critical of Moos. Felt that he should have fired Miles immediately after the B1G Tournament and had an assistant coach the NIT. That gives Miles more time to get ahead on his next gig, get a TV spot for the tournament, etc... It doesn't force him to coach a team that already knows the conclusion. 

But, when you actually listen to Moos speak, you see he has a plan, a philosophy, guiding principles, and knows what he is doing. Makes all the stuff that happens in the middle between receiving official word sound really petty and conspiracy-ish. 

Last - Bill Moos sounds like a phenomenal guy to work for. 

2 hours ago, basketballjones said:

Ya know... In this world of social media and instant communication, so much gets said in between the actual actions and press conferences, that you forget that there are real people out there making decisions based off of their reasoning and they probably got it right.

I've been very critical of Moos. Felt that he should have fired Miles immediately after the B1G Tournament and had an assistant coach the NIT. That gives Miles more time to get ahead on his next gig, get a TV spot for the tournament, etc... It doesn't force him to coach a team that already knows the conclusion. 

But, when you actually listen to Moos speak, you see he has a plan, a philosophy, guiding principles, and knows what he is doing. Makes all the stuff that happens in the middle between receiving official word sound really petty and conspiracy-ish. 

Last - Bill Moos sounds like a phenomenal guy to work for. 

This echos my feelings on the situation 100%

Anyone think Altman was or is still on the list? I know he just got an extension but so did Oats and he is now gone to Bama. I'm sure Oats buyout was not near as much as Altman's would be but just thought it was interesting how Altman was kind of written off after they announced his contract extension. 

3 minutes ago, burgundy95 said:

Anyone think Altman was or is still on the list? I know he just got an extension but so did Oats and he is now gone to Bama. I'm sure Oats buyout was not near as much as Altman's would be but just thought it was interesting how Altman was kind of written off after they announced his contract extension. 

https://www.omaha.com/huskers/moos-dana-altman-not-considered-for-nu-job-before-oregon/article_176b5188-5d71-5d09-b198-49bc53afb817.html

Moos said in the presser yesterday that he didn't pursue Altman highly. 

2 minutes ago, burgundy95 said:

Moos said in a side interview with the pool reporters after the press conference that Altman was not considered or contacted.  That of course means that Altman and his agent played the situation very, very well!!!  I thought the smoke around Altman was real but I guess I was pretty naive on this one!

3 minutes ago, burgundy95 said:

Oats signed an extension to guarantee more money to Buffalo when he was bought out. Altman signed one to probably end his career at Oregon.

51 minutes ago, burgundy95 said:

No.  I think the scuttlebutt was pretty on-target.  It appears it's been Hoiberg for awhile.  Based on things I've picked up here and there, I'd say Miles' comment in that podcast a few weeks ago (late Feb?) that Fred Hoiberg can probably "have my job if he wants it" was not a coincidence.