Post-Miles Press Conference

Moos: "What would that accomplish?  The team was rallying and the assistants were coaching hard." in relation to why he didn't consider letting Tim go after Big 10 Tournament.

Maybe... because... they were still coaching for their jobs?  Was he still planning on keeping Tim at all?

How long for Nebraska basketball to "get back": "It can happen faster in basketball because of the numbers... outhouse to penthouse in a year at some programs... I've been a part of programs where it has happened... football would take longer because of how many people are on the roster."

Right on top of the 2020 recruits.

"Continue to seek the very best talent...whoever gets this job will be a known successful recruiter."

1 minute ago, Klas3131 said:

After watching the press conference, I'm not as convinced Hoiberg is his man.   Just my opinion....

I get the vibe that Moos was either being smug and it's more than done with Hoiberg, or trying to not let us get our hopes up in case something falls through, or Hoiberg really isn't the guy.

Just now, The Polish Rifle said:

Also the possibility that's exactly what Moos wants everyone to think, for the time being.

Yes, entirely possible.  He didn't duck the question on whether he's talked to Hoiberg.  Just kind of strange that he said he's like a great recruiter.  I know that Fred can hire a staff of great recruiters.  And he prefers the 4 year player, and we all know Fred's a transfer guy.  I realize Moos did say that he knows it's a different world right now and transfer are a part of he deal.

I'm probably reading way too much into some of his statements.