Tim Miles out as Nebraska Basketball coach

3 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Someone on campus just told me ...

Good guy whatever happens. I expect he's done, but he's been a great guy and he's run a clean program and I absolutely wish him the best no matter what.

In honor of you, Norm...

"It's a dog eat dog world, and Tim's got on milk bone underwear".....

2 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Someone on campus just told me ...

Good guy whatever happens. I expect he's done, but he's been a great guy and he's run a clean program and I absolutely wish him the best no matter what.

Nah, you're reading waaaay too much into this.  He probably just ran in there to utilize the football team's motivational speaker to get ideas on how to prep the guys for summer workouts.

Just now, hskr4life said:

I don't care what others say.  This was one of the brightest eras for Nebrasketball in quite some time.  Sad to see it coming to an end.  Sure, things didn't always go as planned.  But to run a clean program, make our first dance in 20 years, achieve our first 5* (transfer) of the Rivals era, and countless other things is huge.  I remain 100% behind the assumption that we don't get Hoiberg if we don't hire Tim 7 years ago.

Couldn't agree more.  Tim Miles has been fantastic for NU!  While I'm excited about the chance to possibly get Fred Hoiberg, I will miss Tim Miles a lot!

Just now, Norm Peterson said:

He's been nothing but classy about this -- acknowledging it's a big boy business and saying nothing bad publicly about Moos whatsoever. I hope Husker fans can be as classy if/when he departs.

Please don't be the jerks some of you were when Doc Sadler got fired.

Tim is a class act - no doubt.  I have no doubt he'll land on his feet and be very successful at his next stop.....

5 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

He's been nothing but classy about this -- acknowledging it's a big boy business and saying nothing bad publicly about Moos whatsoever. I hope Husker fans can be as classy if/when he departs.

Please don't be the jerks some of you were when Doc Sadler got fired.

Yeah, hard to forget what an ass Kidney was especially. I wish TIm only the best as well.

3 minutes ago, huskerbaseball13 said:

I think he can return to being a very good mid major coach. Not sure he lands a power 5 gig but it would be interesting to see how he would do with what he has learned at NU. 

I think you underestimate the quality of his coaching and the esteem with which he is held in the broader basketball community.

Other than a small misstep he made getting recorded while at dinner with some cold verbage regarding Petteway, I agree with everything Norm said.  I will chalk that up as "locker room talk" mostly, since it was supposed to be private dinner with his assistants, not something that should have been recorded.  

I think he can be very successful one peg down, as he is more comfortable coaching without as many quality big men to compete with IMO.  

3 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I think you underestimate the quality of his coaching and the esteem with which he is held in the broader basketball community.

Possibly. Do you think he lands a power 5 gig? I hope he does. As I said, it would be interesting to see what he would do differently. 

I think its more likely he ends up in a mid major type conference but I could be wrong. 

1 minute ago, Klas3131 said:

Some ISU friends say it's a "mutual decision" between Lard and ISU.  Apparently, not the best locker room guy.....

Lots o' suspensions over three years. That can't be good. If he sits out a year, he'll have only one year left of eligibility. Unless he's graduating after three years.