Tim Miles out as Nebraska Basketball coach

• hhcmatt changed the title to Tim Miles out as Nebraska Basketball coach
58 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Someone on campus just told me ...

Good guy whatever happens. I expect he's done, but he's been a great guy and he's run a clean program and I absolutely wish him the best no matter what.

Apologize for hijacking your title again. This is too good of a thread to not use for this purpose.

11 minutes ago, Ron Mexico said:

Best of Luck in your future endeavors coach Miles. I'm a fan of yours for life.

me,too. I'll be rooting for timmy the same as I do for Doc. 

Those are two of my favorite coaches. And I'm certain that both are going to get another shot, but especially Miles. We haven't heard the last of him in P5 play. 

2 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

Safe to say the players are not the happiest about this.  Burke and Cope already tweeting about it.

Of course they aren't. It's hardest on them, because any time you're on a team that "got a coach fired" it's an extra stigma that burns like a brand. 

These are good kids we had, and I hope that this experience pays off for them in life. It's just a shame that what should be such a glorious time in someone's life winds up often being the first hard lesson in the adversity that lies in wait out here. 

We have been through quite a few coaches in the past, but Miles has been as well liked as any of them.  He represented the university and the state very well.   He also seems to be very well liked by his staff and players.   I know that there have been some transfers, but as we have talked before, probably no more than anywhere else.   I do know that he was well loved by many

fans.  I would like to think that the fans and media would be as classy to Miles as he was to us.   Good Luck and Thank You Coach Miles.

6 minutes ago, tcp said:

We haven't heard the last of him in P5 play. 

Count me in the "I am a big fan of Miles" fan club. With all the college corruption stuff going on... I also think the outside perception of what he accomplished here is greater than the inside Nebraska perception. I think he takes a year off and we see him next next season coaching. I think low end power 5. I sure hope he dabbles in broadcasting his year off cause I'd like to check him out.

1 minute ago, hal9000 said:

Sipple thought Miles should look into broadcasting as a college b-ball analyst for a possible next gig.  I think he’d be outstanding in that field.  Wonder if Big Ten Network would come calling.

He'd be a great tv guy, but I'm pretty sure he still wants to coach. But yeah, he could get a gig pretty easy in media. I just hope he gets a better catch phrase than what Julie from State Farm gave Gus. 

A few short years ago many of us were nervous he’d move on to a bigger program. Coaching is fickle. His tenure here was awesome and many times frustrating, but I can’t help it, I like him a lot. I’ll miss him. 

Until the the moment we nab Hoiberg. Then I’ll mostly be happy he made it possible. 

Edited by GATA

3 minutes ago, atskooc said:

Coach Miles seems, by all accounts, to be a good dude.  I can't help but like him.

I don't normally follow former coaches after they've moved on from Nebraska.  I suspect I will for Miles.

Samesies. I hope he gets to win in the tournament too. 

3 minutes ago, atskooc said:

Absolutely agree with Coach Pettit.  Tim just has so much class that you'll never hear him say an unkind word about Nebraska.  But we all know he's hurting.

But we'll never see him pull a Bo Pelini and have a meeting with his players to trash the university and administration....