Tim Miles Send Off

hhcmatt

One difference between the end of the Doc Sadler era and the soon to be end of the Tim Miles era is the certainty of it.  With Doc it seemed real probable that his time at Nebraska was going to be over after that dreadful last year but just maybe he could convince Dr Tom he just needed one more year.  After that, who knew who the next coach would be?  Certainly not us.  The end of the Tim Miles era is inevitable; he will likely be let go in the very near future. It's very probable we know who are next coach will be. There is almost certainly about what will happen it's more a question of when.

Thus, I thought this sort of time might be better spent for people who are not interested in fighting the same fights to give Tim a send off while we wait.  Let me contribute one.

When this site was in its infancy @hhcdave realized that no one at the program was really tracking the former players and made the effort to track down a lot of them to come back.  That changed when Miles got here and he Legends Weekend was started.

Please feel free to contribute as you see fit

7 minutes ago, NebrasketballJake said:

can’t imagine not only assigning someone to do this, but being the person who had to wait outside the Hendricks center to question Coach Miles.. Video is beyond awkward and tough to watch

Miles is handling this whole situation with a lot of class.  Not surprised at that.  Imagine Bobby Knight in the same situation.

Personally I think Tim Miles deserves something better than the way this is being handled. He has been a class act for 7 years and the administration is leaving him hanging in the breeze. He has a family and a future to think about as well and they are not giving him the respect he deserves! If you are going to let him go then do it! Not cool!

37 minutes ago, BigTate said:

Personally I think Tim Miles deserves something better than the way this is being handled. He has been a class act for 7 years and the administration is leaving him hanging in the breeze. He has a family and a future to think about as well and they are not giving him the respect he deserves! If you are going to let him go then do it! Not cool!

I don't know if I can handle seeing another "Doc" style press conference though.  I totally respect that they allowed Doc to leave the way he did...but I don't know I could handle it with Tim.