Recruiting question

huskerchode

Kind of along the same lines and granted the twitter feed I read may have been dated.  7 D1 schools have offered Miss Minter a scholarship and none of them were here. She has quicks, handles and hops, three things we really do need. Also if an alums daughter is in a Creighton uni kicking in our back side, i think i'll scream.

Her game seems to need a bit of polish, but she really has the athleticism to be a lock down ball defender.  I have also seen film on one that we have offered a scholly to and thought meh!  

Not sure who earned the “meh” but guessing NU has a reason why they haven’t offered minter. I haven’t personally seen minter but by all accounts she is a very good athlete and solid player - we have some offers out and had in home visits from some solid kids in 2020 class. Just need a few to pull the trigger now 

23 hours ago, kansashusker said:

Not sure who earned the “meh” but guessing NU has a reason why they haven’t offered minter. I haven’t personally seen minter but by all accounts she is a very good athlete and solid player - we have some offers out and had in home visits from some solid kids in 2020 class. Just need a few to pull the trigger now 

I watch lots of locals like you do in Kansas.  Felt there were a few over the years we blew it on like the guy to open the discussion.   Not really sure who we are recruiting.  No row 6 to put it in a nice little package for us.  Fact is the three that went elsewhere are the only three i know had offers.  If you watch game tape i saw 1 standing around the elbow doing nothing on the defensive side.  I love defensive play, so i do not like seeing that.  I think it is important to own your state and keep good ties with local coaches.  To back that up I would refer you to the volleyball program that gets locals in almost every class.

Ashton Verhulst is a 2020 and has already committed to KSU.  She is a very nice heady player with skills, but not nearly the physical athletic talent her younger sister is who most consider a way higher level recruit.  Payton Verhulst may well be a Mcdonalds All American.

In response to your volleyball example with NU i agree whole heartedly it is important to own your state.  However, Nebraska HS volleyball nationally is at a way higher level than it is in bball.  probably in large part because of NU volleyball success local girls grow up dreaming of playing volleyball and so more play.  I have studied it for a while and on average Kansas produces about twice as many bcs basketball kids per year as Nebraska, and feeds for Kansas d2 schools who all compete regularly for a national title at d2 level.  Nebraska produces more bcs volleyball kids than kansas on average.   So in general i think nebraska has more volleyball bcs kids to recruit considering the population than corresponding bball kids.  Kansas has very few bcs volleyball kids other than private schools out of kansas city area who belong to the big clubs, with a few out of wichita also.

I am not sure who we are recruiting for bball nationally right now other than the 3 ks kids that have been discussed -- verhulst, ryan and love; but have seen mention on the internet of the 2020 wisconsin guard Simmons and maybe a north dakota big and a canadian kid. I can't remember their names.

On 3/23/2019 at 9:33 AM, caveman said:

Kind of along the same lines and granted the twitter feed I read may have been dated.  7 D1 schools have offered Miss Minter a scholarship and none of them were here. She has quicks, handles and hops, three things we really do need. Also if an alums daughter is in a Creighton uni kicking in our back side, i think i'll scream.

Her game seems to need a bit of polish, but she really has the athleticism to be a lock down ball defender.  I have also seen film on one that we have offered a scholly to and thought meh!  

YES......we need her athleticism

5 hours ago, kansashusker said:

I am not sure who we are recruiting for bball nationally right now other than the 3 ks kids that have been discussed -- verhulst, ryan and love; but have seen mention on the internet of the 2020 wisconsin guard Simmons and maybe a north dakota big and a canadian kid. I can't remember their names

If anyone knows anything about the Canadian please do tell.  ?:)