Scouting TCU

hhcmatt

They run a 2 PG system so losing starter Jaylen Fisher early in the season likely contributed to them making the NIT instead of the NCAA.

They're more of an uptempo team, the type of team who hunts offensive rebounds and fast breaks as opposed to securing defensive rebounds. Who controls the pace will matter here. 

They don't put you on the FT line a ton though Sr post JD Miller could be trouble for Roby.

Poor FT shooting team though Desmond Bane is elite there.  Speaking of Bane, their tall SGs will be tough to defend.

Team likes to run things into the paint so you'd think some 1-3-1 might help but they're such a good passing team that you'd think they'd be able to shred it.

They beat Iowa St and Texas twice. They lost to Oklahoma and Kansas twice.  I'm unsure if there is a pattern to the type of teams those are (obviously Kansas is good)

No idea to the motivation of TCU. Beating Sam Houston didn't reveal much either way.

I have watched zero TCU this year so anything would be helpful.

40 minutes ago, tcp said:

It's a true road game. Not exactly our strength. 

That's pretty much all I need to worry about this matchup. 

I'd agree.

Attendance was 3000 for their last game so it probably won't be super intimidating there.

Alex Robinson is a small point guard, left handed, who can penetrate and dish but is not a good shooter.  Desmond Bane and Noi are the wings and the shooters.  Miller is rugged inside and Samuel is a developmental post but a physical specimen.  TCU has a quick Freshman PG off the bench but not much depth.  We can play with them if we play well and avoid foul trouble.