Coaching Carousel 2019

hhcmatt

Just now, busticket said:

The brand is strong but who knows if he will follow blueprint?  If it was a longtime assistant maybe, but even then it is not guaranteed.  For Michigan’s sake I hope he doesn’t go Jay Williams and flip the culture (which was an incredibly idiotic take by the way). 

Not Beilein's blueprint...the blueprint for former NBA stars.

"If you can't coach, recruit" is the old saying for college basketball (other college sports as well)  It seems teams are moving in that direction which is to bring in a big name former player and let him bring in the talent.  I think you still have to coach the X's and O's and be a leader who can watch over the program and move it in the right direction to be successful and not just bring in players.  We will see what happens in the long run for some of these programs.  ( I do think Hoiberg is a guy that can do all those things and is not just a hired gun/big name coach that can only assemble talent)

2 hours ago, ConkintheCorner said:

@stadium reporting Juwan Howard has agreed to a 5 year deal to be next Michigan coach..  This will be interesting, obviously you aren't going to find a coach the caliber of what they had but this is a bit of a gamble in my opinion.

The tweet about it:

Wow. I have a feeling that Mich. will struggle at first.

5 hours ago, jimmykc said:

Hey, Creighton once hired Willis Reed and had some modest success. Maybe Michigan will do as well. Might even be able to get the next Benoit Benjamin.

Wow. I never knew that. Can i even like Willis Reed now? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...