Coaching Carousel 2019

hhcmatt

Texas A & M has coveted Buzz Williams or Chris Beard.  Shaka Smart will remain at Texas unless an East Coast opening develops.  Some Texas fans want Chris Beard, a Texas grad.   Smart was thought a possibility at Wake Forest but Manning has been retained.  If Willams leaves Virginia Tech for College Station then Smart could be Blacksburg bound which will make the folks in Lubbock nervous.   Might be more entertaining than the tournament?. Not sure if the Vanderbilt opening affects the above scenario.

1 minute ago, Cazzie22 said:

Texas A & M has coveted Buzz Williams or Chris Beard.  Shaka Smart will remain at Texas unless an East Coast opening develops.  Some Texas fans want Chris Beard, a Texas grad.   Smart was thought a possibility at Wake Forest but Manning has been retained.  If Willams leaves Virginia Tech for College Station then Smart could be Blacksburg bound which will make the folks in Lubbock nervous.   Might be more entertaining than the tournament?. Not sure if the Vanderbilt opening affects the above scenario.

Will definitely be an interesting development, as the dominoes fall.......

20 hours ago, ladyhusker said:

Allegedly trying to "reassign" him now so they don't have to pay his buyout. Yikes.

Interesting that they’d even try that.  Bill Callahan had a provision in his contract here that he couldn’t be reassigned, as funny as a move to head toilet cleaner would have been.  Figured it was standard contract language at this point.

FWIW.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/iowa-state-coach-alabama-alum-steve-prohm-addresses-crimson-tide-job-speculation/

“There’s nothing to say. I want to be the best coach at Iowa State, that’s it,” Prohm said. “My athletic director (Jamie Pollard) is standing right there, he knows that. I love this job. I’m blessed to be here, first and foremost. I love Amex. There is no story. I’m trying to be the best coach at Iowa State and see if I can be here for a long, long time.”

18 minutes ago, HuskerCager said:

FWIW.

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/iowa-state-coach-alabama-alum-steve-prohm-addresses-crimson-tide-job-speculation/

“There’s nothing to say. I want to be the best coach at Iowa State, that’s it,” Prohm said. “My athletic director (Jamie Pollard) is standing right there, he knows that. I love this job. I’m blessed to be here, first and foremost. I love Amex. There is no story. I’m trying to be the best coach at Iowa State and see if I can be here for a long, long time.”

He gone,

that is along the same statement we get in the pro ranks right before someone gets canned.

He is our guy.. We stand behind him.. Best coach we ever had.

Then they fire him after the next loss.

Of course it's probably also notable that it doesn't appear that Avery Johnson and Alabama have reached a settlement, or at least if they have, it isn't reported yet. So of course Prohm can't say he's gone yet, because there likely hasn't been a job offer extended yet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, ladyhusker said:

Of course it's probably also notable that it doesn't appear that Avery Johnson and Alabama have reached a settlement, or at least if they have, it isn't reported yet. So of course Prohm can't say he's gone yet, because there likely hasn't been a job offer extended yet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Same situation, but Hoiberg is here FOR SURE. 1000% based on my sources. ?

14 hours ago, HuskerCager said:

FWIW.

I enjoy a good American Express card, man. I  can back that, Prohm. ?

2 hours ago, NebrasketballJake said:

Georgia State Coach Ron Hunter going from Atlanta to New Orleans as the new head man at Tulane

Good hire by them though really anyone who wasn't Mike Dunleavy would be a good hire. Our old friend Jordan Cornish finished up there after transferring from Tulane