NCAA Tournament thread

9 minutes ago, 49r said:

I'm a Broncos fan and even I think Mahomes is great.  He's done more to make the NFL bearable (possibly even watchable?) than anyone in the last 30 years.

No problem at all with CBS showing him supporting his alma mater.  

Yeah, hope no offense at my "donkey" comment.  It's all said in fun.  

I don't HATE the Broncos.  I dislike them, of course, but I truly HATE the Raiders!  I'm sure we can agree on that!!!  LOL

I always like it when former players come back and support their college team, no matter who the player or what team they are supporting.   

Surprisingly good game. Maybe because I watched the first 10 minutes, turned to the American Idol, returned to the game when Va was comfortably ahead in the second half, realized that I had lost my cell phone, spent 15 minutes searching for it and finally found it between the seat and console of my car in the garage, and returned to find it was 59-58. Also got too tired to see the "One Shining Moment". Too bad Bobby Knight couldn't have shown up to compete with Mahomes for camera time.

Edited by jimmykc

8 minutes ago, Klas3131 said:

Yeah, hope no offense at my "donkey" comment.  It's all said in fun.  

I don't HATE the Broncos.  I dislike them, of course, but I truly HATE the Raiders!  I'm sure we can agree on that!!!  LOL

I always like it when former players come back and support their college team, no matter who the player or what team they are supporting.   

No offense taken at all.  I call them the donkeys more than anyone.  ?

23 minutes ago, 49r said:

I'm a Broncos fan and even I think Mahomes is great.  He's done more to make the NFL bearable (possibly even watchable?) than anyone in the last 30 years.

No problem at all with CBS showing him supporting his alma mater.  

Not a Chiefs fan, Mahomes is amazing to watch - but the bolded, damn man! There has been some amazing players to watch over the past 30 years, Mahomes reminds me a lot of Favre who was awesome to watch.

22 minutes ago, jimmykc said:

Surprisingly good game. Maybe because I watched the first 10 minutes, turned to the American Idol, returned to the game when Va was comfortably ahead in the second have, realized that I had lost my cell phone, spent 15 minutes searching for it and finally found it between the seat and console of my car in the garage, and returned to find it was 59-58. Also got too tired to see the "One Shining Moment". Too bad Bobby Knight couldn't have shown up to compete with Mahomes for camera time.

Here's what you missed on "One Shining Moment"...

3 hours ago, khoock said:

Cant really be mad at Mahomes. Im sure he wouldve been the same way with or without the cameras. CBS chose to show him a million times.

I think its great he came to watch his alma matter.

They kept showing him during our game against TTU as well.  Got so tired of that back then.  To see them continue to spotlight him was just annoying.  But I found it funny when they panned the TTU student section, there were guys wearing Mahomes football jerseys to the basketball Nat'l Champ game.

It's like the way Creighton fans always used to mock Nebraska baseball fans by saying they all wear their Eric Crouch jerseys to the baseball games. Thought that was funny.

4 hours ago, HuskerFever said:

I guess I don't really see the difference between Mahomes celebrating for his team versus our bench mob in 2018. That was just as showboaty; it comes down to people supporting their team and having a great time.

I was less put off by how many times the CBS producers showed Mahomes on camera than I was with the CBS announcers shoving down our throats of Virginia (and I quote, verbatim), "Talk about worst to first!" You mean from #1 overall seed last year to #1 seed this year?

The difference is that I am a Broncos fan.

Virginia had one hell of a 2016 recruiting class.  Four Rivals 4-stars, 3 of whom were starters this year and ALL THREE averaging over 40% from beyond the arc.

Diakite's a senior, and he's their eraser who protects the rim. Then the three juniors -- Jerome, Guy, and Hunter -- are the shooters who spread the floor. And then the tiny, little Clark kid is a freshman who, y'know ... anyway.

Diakite is Roby at 6'9".  They list Key as a guard but he goes 6'8" and 225# and leads them in rebounding. They have a couple other tall guys who average limited minutes.

So they just won  a national title with a primary rotation that features NOBODY taller than 6'9" and nobody heavier than 228#.

In fact, their starting lineup went 6'9", 6'7", 6'5", 6'2", 5'9".

Interesting.

3 hours ago, Klas3131 said:

As a Chief fan, I take offense to your dislike of Mahomes.   LOL

Yes, the camera shots were a bit overboard, but Travis Kelce was also sitting right beside Mahomes.  CBS does the AFC games, so it makes sense.  Plus, as another poster said, what other famous TTech person was there?  

And how can you not love Mahomes?  The kid is awesome!  Please tell me you aren't a Donkey fan?!?   HA

No, i actually am not a hater. The camera shots of "famous people" in the crowd annoy me, though. I just want to watch the damn game! haha

Edited by AuroranHusker