NCAA Tournament thread

I filled out 4 brackets in total. I have TWO left, one with UVA the winner, the other with Texas Tech. I had already cashed in before the games Saturday by virtue of my point totals. I knew the Red Raiders were legit when we played 'em, but I never thought they would manhandle teams in the Dance like they have.

45 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

I filled out 4 brackets in total. I have TWO left, one with UVA the winner, the other with Texas Tech. I had already cashed in before the games Saturday by virtue of my point totals. I knew the Red Raiders were legit when we played 'em, but I never thought they would manhandle teams in the Dance like they have.

I had a conversation with a basketball coach and before the tournament, he asked me what teams I liked (style of play) that over achieved based on the recruits that they have attracted.

I gave him Texas Tech and Virginia....but of course, when I filled out the brackets, I didn't have either past the sweet 16.

7 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Really? I had only one bracket and this was my pick for the title. I didn't think I was going especially out on a limb. 

I went with the two best defensive clubs as I saw them. 

Weird. 

Speaking of weird, heading for another combined 42 point first half. 

Edit: Probably should've said 32. Phew, this one's going to be brutal. 

Edited by tcp

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

Replay can be used to go frame by frame and see a ball possibly graze a pinky, but can’t be used to call an abvious foul or obvious no foul.  

Replay ruined this game.

I could name at least 1 major missed call or no call in each of Virginia's last 3 games in the final minute of the game that had an impact to the outcome of the game.

But not to diminish Virginia's talent. Certainly knew how to get a lead, let it diminish, and rely on some late calls or shots to drop to close out their games. They made it happen.

I guess I don't really see the difference between Mahomes celebrating for his team versus our bench mob in 2018. That was just as showboaty; it comes down to people supporting their team and having a great time.

I was less put off by how many times the CBS producers showed Mahomes on camera than I was with the CBS announcers shoving down our throats of Virginia (and I quote, verbatim), "Talk about worst to first!" You mean from #1 overall seed last year to #1 seed this year?

1 hour ago, HuskerFever said:

I guess I don't really see the difference between Mahomes celebrating for his team versus our bench mob in 2018. That was just as showboaty; it comes down to people supporting their team and having a great time.

I was less put off by how many times the CBS producers showed Mahomes on camera than I was with the CBS announcers shoving down our throats of Virginia (and I quote, verbatim), "Talk about worst to first!" You mean from #1 overall seed last year to #1 seed this year?

Yeah I thought that was a rather dumb thing to say and then keep repeating.

6 hours ago, AuroranHusker said:

Yeah, the incessant camera shots... oh boy.

Who cares, bruh Mahomie. Your team, once again, blew it to barely hold on to get to OT, then your team's defense faded. Sound familiar, Patty?! ?

As a Chief fan, I take offense to your dislike of Mahomes.   LOL

Yes, the camera shots were a bit overboard, but Travis Kelce was also sitting right beside Mahomes.  CBS does the AFC games, so it makes sense.  Plus, as another poster said, what other famous TTech person was there?  

And how can you not love Mahomes?  The kid is awesome!  Please tell me you aren't a Donkey fan?!?   HA

21 minutes ago, Klas3131 said:

As a Chief fan, I take offense to your dislike of Mahomes.   LOL

Yes, the camera shots were a bit overboard, but Travis Kelce was also sitting right beside Mahomes.  CBS does the AFC games, so it makes sense.  Plus, as another poster said, what other famous TTech person was there?  

And how can you not love Mahomes?  The kid is awesome!  Please tell me you aren't a Donkey fan?!?   HA

I'm a Broncos fan and even I think Mahomes is great.  He's done more to make the NFL bearable (possibly even watchable?) than anyone in the last 30 years.

No problem at all with CBS showing him supporting his alma mater.