NCAA Tournament thread

31 minutes ago, Handy Johnson said:

Not a chance. The NBA has something called a “salary cap” (I know there’s a luxury tax) but you can’t just buy a Pennent like the Yankees & Duke try to do every year. If that were the case the Lakers wouldn’t have missed the playoffs 6 years in a row.

NBA's salary cap is a joke. 

2 hours ago, Handy Johnson said:

Not a chance. The NBA has something called a “salary cap” (I know there’s a luxury tax) but you can’t just buy a Pennent like the Yankees & Duke try to do every year. If that were the case the Lakers wouldn’t have missed the playoffs 6 years in a row.

I thin the Lakers try to buy them, I just also think they suck at it. As rich as they are, they're really poorly run and they take on dreadful contracts. They're like another Los Angeles team with more cash than brains--the Angels. 

16 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

Texas Tech had better strap on their holsters because it’s going to be real physical against the Spartans.  Virginia may have trouble containing Auburn’s speed.

Virginia's got a rabbit's foot stuffed somewhere. Auburn's just hot. MSU and Tech going to be brutal, though. I got what I wanted out of the tourney: respect for the conference, which we really didn't get with seeding. From here on out, I'm indifferent as to who wins.  

21 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

Texas Tech had better strap on their holsters because it’s going to be real physical against the Spartans.  Virginia may have trouble containing Auburn’s speed.

Auburn is shorthanded. If Auburn can keep up the tempo like Purdue did against Virginia, they have a shot. It makes you wish we had the depth that they do when Okeke went down, compared to the way it went down for us with Copeland.

This is a little out of date but a breakdown of Tech's and Michigan's defense.

One thing mentioned here is Tech's elite (annoying) ability to draw charges.  Palmer had to sit early in our game vs Tech because he picked up two early offensive charges and spent the rest of the game shooting 3s.