NCAA Tournament thread

5 minutes ago, HolyBobpilgrimage said:

wait... regional final...you do know right, that they're on opposite sides of the bracket, right? But yes, truly a disgusting proposal. too bad elite defense has to be so ugly.

I have no idea. Figured they were both West but it's probably also because I'm high as a kite (medically permissible, don't start calling the FBI). 

1 hour ago, Handy Johnson said:

That “phantom” foul on Tennessee that sent the game to overtime was beyond Bulls**t. Plus, it looked like his heel was out of bounds. That bracket is shot, now I have to hang my hat on Texas Tech, UVA, & Houston in my other 3!

Looked like the Edwards' heels were up and he was in bounds. Also thought it looked like the Tennessee player closed too hard and unintentionally hip checked him. Just my opinion on the play.

Whats really crazy is how atrocious both teams FT shooting was. I think both were under 50% from the line at the end of regulation.

Texas Tech and Virginia play good, solid, fundamental basketball.  How can that be bad.  Coaching makes a difference.  How much coaching is the Sainted Coach K doing with one and dines?  Tech has never been a BB power but Chris Beard has them in the Elite 8 two years straight.  Bennett had Washington State playing highly competitive BB.  How many Virginia players would start for the  Dukies?  But UVA has more ACC titles without the one and dones.  Coaching matters.

48 minutes ago, Cazzie22 said:

Texas Tech and Virginia play good, solid, fundamental basketball.  How can that be bad.  Coaching makes a difference.  How much coaching is the Sainted Coach K doing with one and dines?  Tech has never been a BB power but Chris Beard has them in the Elite 8 two years straight.  Bennett had Washington State playing highly competitive BB.  How many Virginia players would start for the  Dukies?  But UVA has more ACC titles without the one and dones.  Coaching matters.

How many losses to 16 seeds does Duke have?   Talent and Coaching matters.

2 hours ago, khoock said:

Looked like the Edwards' heels were up and he was in bounds. Also thought it looked like the Tennessee player closed too hard and unintentionally hip checked him. Just my opinion on the play.

Whats really crazy is how atrocious both teams FT shooting was. I think both were under 50% from the line at the end of regulation.

Edwards initiated the contact by kicking out.  You do have to give the guy room to land, but if you watch again the defender did a nice job of situating his body on the fly by so Edwards would most certainly have been able to land.   It should have been a no call at the very least and the only call that should be considered is an offensive foul for kicking the leg out in a neutral space.  The defender is every bit as entitled to that space as Edwards is.  

2 hours ago, royalfan said:

Edwards initiated the contact by kicking out.  You do have to give the guy room to land, but if you watch again the defender did a nice job of situating his body on the fly by so Edwards would most certainly have been able to land.   It should have been a no call at the very least and the only call that should be considered is an offensive foul for kicking the leg out in a neutral space.  The defender is every bit as entitled to that space as Edwards is.  

4 hours ago, khoock said:

Honestly thought the defender got a piece of the elbow.  If you look at it live, the ball didn’t even make hoop.  I think there was a foul on the arm... no foul low.

1 minute ago, hskr4life said:

Honestly thought the defender got a piece of the elbow.  If you look at it live, the ball didn’t even make hoop.  I think there was a foul on the arm... no foul low.

I believe the airball was because he was so off balance from getting hit down low and severe launch angle he had to put on the ball to even get it off.  

2 hours ago, royalfan said:

3 minutes ago, hskr4life said:

1 minute ago, royalfan said:

I believe the airball was because he was so off balance from getting hit down low and severe launch angle he had to put on the ball to even get it off.  

Im a big fan of unless its egregious, you let it play out, the last 10 seconds are always physical. Yes he may of fouled but to let that call decide the game just sucks. Plus like many of the announcers said, letting the teams come off the floor while they take a millennia to review that out of bounds call needs to be changed, the 3rd ref should have both teams stand as far away from the coaches as possible. Im sad Tennessee lost, i know i should want the BIG10 to win....but i really really cant stand purdue

10 minutes ago, bobcat402 said:

Im a big fan of unless its egregious, you let it play out, the last 10 seconds are always physical. Yes he may of fouled but to let that call decide the game just sucks. Plus like many of the announcers said, letting the teams come off the floor while they take a millennia to review that out of bounds call needs to be changed, the 3rd ref should have both teams stand as far away from the coaches as possible. Im sad Tennessee lost, i know i should want the BIG10 to win....but i really really cant stand purdue

yeah they got a free time out to draw up that play