NCAA Tournament thread

21 minutes ago, throwback said:

After that 20-game conference slog, it's easy to see the warts of every B1G team. But this league was so dominant in Nov/Dec, and we may see that showing again now that B1G teams can play some other teams.

I mean hell... the supposed 13th best Big 10 team just won an NIT game over a Big East team with the Big 10 team playing 6 players.  One of which is a walkon who played 30+ minutes.

1 minute ago, Norm Peterson said:

Remember when we lost in Minneapolis early in the season and people were all, like, OMG OMG OMG WE SUCK! OMG?

Not everyone was like that, but enough people were. Lo and behold, Minnesota's among the top 32 teams in the nation.

It was more how we lost to them than that we lost to them.  Those last 6 or so minutes were brutal.

1 minute ago, Norm Peterson said:

Remember when we lost in Minneapolis early in the season and people were all, like, OMG OMG OMG WE SUCK! OMG?

Not everyone was like that, but enough people were. Lo and behold, Minnesota's among the top 32 teams in the nation.

I thought it was more so, you can’t blow double digit 2nd half leads or you will be watching NIT games instead of NCAA games......Lo and behold

7 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

I seem to remember some posters saying something like “This team will not play in March.  Such a bad loss.”  In reference to Minnesota. Oops.

Edited by hskr4life

B1G was really nasty tough this season. Hopefully our league can inflict some of that on the rest of the field in the NCAAs.

Kind of stinks Mich St and Minnesota now have to play each other in the 2nd round. Committee could have done a much better job spreading the B1G teams among the regions.

Also I would imagine Iowa won't be in the NCAAs long. Although it will be fun watching Fran's head explode after he gets an eye full of Cincinnati's defensive pressure and having no fouls called.

I'm sure the way he treats refs will get his team the benefit of the doubt vs a physical Cincinnati team ... in Columbus, Ohio. 

Poor Fran.

Just now, hskr4life said:

I seem to remember some posters saying something like “This team will not play in March.  Such a bad loss.”  Oops.

Now we’re just moving the finish line. If this teams goals were the NIT then I’m mistaken, but our goals were much larger then playing in March. I can drudge up the threads about this team being a Sweet 16 contender and everyone predicting 23+ wins. The fact is, we lost 2 decent 2nd half leads back to back, and it totally bit our NCAA chances in the ass.

Just now, The Polish Rifle said:

Now we’re just moving the finish line. If this teams goals were the NIT then I’m mistaken, but our goals were much larger then playing in March. I can drudge up the threads about this team being a Sweet 16 contender and everyone predicting 23+ wins. The fact is, we lost 2 decent 2nd half leads back to back, and it totally bit our NCAA chances in the ass.

I actually edited my post.  So this comment makes sense to the initial post.  I was referring to Minnesota being the team to not play in March.

MSU not starting Ward today - interesting. I thought he looked really good in Chicago, considering how much time he missed.

I'm sure they won't need him for huge minutes today, but still interesting. That's a pretty good dude to be able to bring off the bench.

EDIT: Ha, he's in already, 2 1/2 minutes in the game.

Edited by throwback

21 minutes ago, throwback said:

MSU not starting Ward today - interesting. I thought he looked really good in Chicago, considering how much time he missed.

I'm sure they won't need him for huge minutes today, but still interesting. That's a pretty good dude to be able to bring off the bench.

EDIT: Ha, he's in already, 2 1/2 minutes in the game.

A lot of MSU fans think Tillman is better than Ward

31 minutes ago, ConkintheCorner said:

Maryland and Michigan st struggling early.  I thought Belmont might win but come on Michigan st.

MSU slowly asserting themselves. Terps I'm not surprised with. They've shown their youth the last few weeks, and  are probably still smarting from losing to us. That and Belmont's actually good. I picked MD to go out early along with Iowa and OSU. 

Edited by tcp