uneblinstu’s postgame chatter: vol 11; ed 35 - NIT vs. Butler

uneblinstu

That game was a ton of fun. Of course I’d rather have been in the other tournament, but I’m glad we got the opportunity to say goodbye to this team. 

- That was a super entertaining game. There was an intensity about it we haven’t seen in a while. The crowd was spectacular. 

- Roby was a stud tonight. I didn’t think butler would have anyone that would be able to handle him and was right. 

- Palmer and Watson were great, too. 

- The Legend of Johnny Trueblood continues to grow. 

Ive got a bunch more thoughts I’ll have to save for another time. For now, I’m glad we get to see this team one more time. Here’s to letting the dream live on one more gams!

I'm not sure it showed on TV but that was a fun game to attend.  Boisterous to say the least.  We scraped and scrambled and the crowd was in it to the very end.

The players performed well and the coaches did a good game prep and adjusted during the game.  Switching to the zone was timely and we made free throws.

A ton of class shown by our coach at the games end.

And finally I have never enjoyed/went nuts over technicals more emphatically than those given to Glynn and Tanner. 

Good job men! 

4 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I'm not sure it showed on TV but that was a fun game to attend.  Boisterous to say the least

Yes. And I've been skeptical of some other home games via TV this season. Seemed like a very fun environment, beyond your typical NIT experience. Crowd was engaged. Seemed fun to maintain the boos for the two Butler players. And I feel like the players fed off that energy. The commentators mentioned the crowd multiple times throughout the broadcast.

1 minute ago, HuskerFever said:

Yes. And I've been skeptical of some other home games via TV this season. Seemed like a very fun environment, beyond your typical NIT experience. Crowd was engaged. Seemed fun to maintain the boos for the two Butler players. And I feel like the players fed off that energy. The commentators mentioned the crowd multiple times throughout the broadcast.

And no or perhaps very few students.

Crowd got louder and louder as the game went on.

Trueblood was a beast mode.  I would never have thought we would have ever said during meaningful minutes that he had scored our last 4 points, but then it happened.

Roby showed again that he could be really good at the next level.

Nice the Sr got a win at home in most likely their last home game.

Classy move by Miles after the game.

That was fun.  My 11 year old stepson saw a side of me that I don't let out often.  But something about Nebraska basketball turns me into a raging lunatic even as I begin adding more years.  Well at least he gets to see I'm passionate about something :)  Was fun to celebrate this with 10k other rabid fans.

The guys played with tremendous heart just like in Chicago. Roby was phenomenal in the 1st half, then JPJ, GW3, and JT finished things up in the 2nd. This staff has put together a great last 2 weeks. Sad to think it probably won't be enough. Anyways, what a great game by all involved, including the fans!

Crazy to think that if the rumors about Coach Miles are true, in a way, Moos would be going back on his word about wanting to see consistency from our program, specifically Coach Miles. Our win-loss isn't as good as last year, but we got a higher seeded NIT spot and won a game already. It's also easy to argue that EVEN before our abundant amount of injuries and Jordy transferring that last year's roster was better. So could the argument be made that we have done about as good, if not as good, as last year, which should be a reason to keep Miles?

Edited by jason2486

More substantively, Roby was a beast and Butler had no one who could stay with him.  Would have loved to get more of him while he was here, but he stepped up tonight and dominated. 

Early on they geared up to stop James.  He did a nice job of not forcing it, and eventually the game came to him.  

The 2-14 hole was a problem, but we made some nice adjustments to Greg the offense moving better.

Trueblood, well, what can u say.   Stuff he will always remember.  Got all the juice squeezed out tonight.  

What a fun game! These guys continue to amaze me with their ongoing effort. Great job by the crowd willing the team to stick in there when it was tough early. If you'd said Butler scored 76 before the game, I'd have a hard time believing we won. Scrappy effort and it was fun to see it get a bit chippy out there with the competitive juices flowing. What an interesting situation we have here ... never a dull moment!

2 hours ago, Chad A said:

That was fun.  My 11 year old stepson saw a side of me that I don't let out often.  But something about Nebraska basketball turns me into a raging lunatic even as I begin adding more years.  Well at least he gets to see I'm passionate about something :)  Was fun to celebrate this with 10k other rabid fans.

#same ?

1 hour ago, HB said:

That was an awesome game and night.  Great crowd, into it all night.  Butler a bunch of chippy thugs.  #5 ran his mouth all night.   Man that was fun.

i'm gonna always remember the last 10 days.   Just remarkable.  It's not gonna change anything, but to see a team come together against ridiculous odds and fight, claw and scratch for each other will always be a good memory for them, and for many of our fans.    So many cliches fit.  So proud of these guys.  And proud to blow away the other NIT venues in attendance.  Anyone who says this is meaningless struggles to understand sports, and life.   

Yeah, Jorgenson and Thompson were lippy lil' Bulldogs. Glad Tanner and Glynn didn't put up with their shizzle.

Took my dad, he had a good time. Couple notes

-NOBODY could guard Roby at all. That was essentially the difference maker. 

-Thompson was a punk that kept talking to Glynn and James. 

-Thor did his job, had 3 steals but no points. His job isn't too score right now. He's asked to do the "other things". 

-legend of Johnny Trueblood grows. Had the game saving steal in the last minute. He has impact this team so much and should be a message to ALL WALK ONS. You will get the opportunity. Take full advantage.

-We all basically know hoiberg is the new coach, but these seniors (majority of players currently playing) deserve to go out on a high note. 

At the end of the day this team is fighting for THEMSELVES. Anyone who says "just lose so we can hire our new coach" doesn't realize how important the postseason is to these individuals players. Take a step back and put yourselves in their shoes. Realize that this is something they'll remember for the rest of their lives.