Just keeps getting better and better

colhusker

3 minutes ago, HB said:

I had kinda forgotten how wigged out the board got for a couple of weeks when Doc was fired.  Now I remember. 

You just have a handful of people in a hurry to get to the part they want, like fast-forwarding in a movie or something. And if that means they get to look like monsters in the process, I guess that's an acceptable price to pay. 

The rest of us have a season to keep cheering on. And I'm pretty sure we're the majority. I hope. 

Rooting for injuries? Hating the team? No. Not at all. This season has been a slog for our kids and many of them are injured wondering where they will be attending school next year. The sooner they can get healthy and make life decisions the better. You guys are acting like massive immature fan boys with zero regard for how miserable it will be for the coaches and players to hang around another few weeks. If you have never been laid off or went through that process than you are clueless about the stress these coaches are carrying right now. It’s better for everyone for this to end tonight. Take your fan boy glasses off and look to the long term for everyone involved. Winning an NIT game may very well cost Nebraska it’s top coaching prospect, prevent a kid from a top transfer opportunity or god forbid lead the a bad injury. 

6 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

Rooting for injuries? Hating the team? No. Not at all. This season has been a slog for our kids and many of them are injured wondering where they will be attending school next year. The sooner they can get healthy and make life decisions the better. You guys are acting like massive immature fan boys with zero regard for how miserable it will be for the coaches and players to hang around another few weeks. If you have never been laid off or went through that process than you are clueless about the stress these coaches are carrying right now. It’s better for everyone for this to end tonight. Take your fan boy glasses off and look to the long term for everyone involved. Winning an NIT game may very well cost Nebraska it’s top coaching prospect, prevent a kid from a top transfer opportunity or god forbid lead the a bad injury. 

You have exactly zero basis to state that "winning an NIT game may very well cost Nebraska its top coaching prospect".   Pure and utter speculation, yet you cheer for a loss for our players.    You presume to know whether the coaches are under so much stress they just can't take it any longer, vs. they really want to win with the guys they have left.  TCPs comment about fast-forwarding is so on point.   This is so much overthinking.   A few days isn't going to change a damn thing.  Let the guys play, and cheer them on. 

5 minutes ago, dt14smoke said:

what a worthless thread........

no tweets to confirm anything.........

I hope we kick the crap out of butler myself.

I said I read it elsewhere, elsewhere was a pay site so I am not give their premium information out.  I am not happy Brady got hurt, I hope we kick the crap out of Butler and the other teams we play, I want to win the NIT

8 minutes ago, ladyhusker said:

Stop it. This is a pretty sad attempt at walking back an absolutely absurd statement. If you're so concerned about "how miserable it will be for the coaches" then focus that blame on the administration for dragging it out instead of hoping that the team loses because how dare they have the audacity to earn the invitation to play in a postseason tournament. But don't assume you know better than the people in that locker room whether they want to play (or coach) or not.

And if winning an NIT game somehow costs Nebraska its top coaching prospect, that clearly wasn't a coach all that interested in Nebraska in the first place, which maybe isn't a trait you'd want in the person leading your basketball program anyway.

AWESOME post!  Couldn't have said it any better!  

20 minutes ago, DOATHLON said:

Winning an NIT game is completely meaningless. 

To you. 

Are you a player?  Have you ever played shit in your life?  Have you ever considered anyone outside of your own universe?   Did you watch the competition last night in any games?  Tell the Daum family the game was completely meaningless.    Tell our guys who are still busting ass that their efforts are meaningless.   

2 minutes ago, HB said:

To you. 

Are you a player?  Have you ever played shit in your life?  Have you ever considered anyone outside of your own universe?   Did you watch the competition last night in any games?  Tell the Daum family the game was completely meaningless.    Tell our guys who are still busting ass that their efforts are meaningless.   

al.jpg

1 hour ago, DOATHLON said:

Winning an NIT game is completely meaningless. 

I’ve never seen a guy on this board with so many negative reactions from other posters almost dig himself out of the negative reaction count... only to dig himself an even deeper hole all within about 2 days.  So kudos.  You’re a first in something I guess.