Immediate help for next season

IF we land Hoiberg and IF he can find a way to keep this class intact, we still need to find away to land some instant impact size down low. The need may be lessened slightly if Roby, but regardless we need a post or two and probably another shooter. Here's a early list of possible impact immediately eligible transfers...

C-Derrik Smits (Valparaiso) 7'2" 240 lbs- 12.2 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 60% fg, 61% ft

SF-Justin Pierce (William & Mary) 6'7" 215 lbs- 15 ppg, 9 rpg, 46% fg, 32% 3pt, 59% ft

SF- Joe Hugley (Central Connecticut) 6'7" 215 lbs- 12.3 ppg, 5.2 rpg, 41% fg, 33% 3pt, 86%ft

SF- Daniel Utomi (Akron) 6'7" 215 lbs- 14.2 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 40% fg, 37% 3pt, 68% ft

SG- Isaiah White (Maine) 6'5" 195 lbs- 13.5 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 41% fg, 30% 3pt, 74% ft

SG- Haanif Cheatham (FGCU) 6'5" 195 lbs- 13.2 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 45%fg, 36% 3pt, 65% ft Former 4 star

SG- Jaire Grayer (George Mason) 6'5" 200 lbs- 10 ppg, 3.6 rpg, 41% fg, 40% 3pt, 65% ft Very solid career. Only played 7 games this year due to foot injury

PG- Quinton Adlesh (Columbia) 6'0" 195 lbs- 13.5 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 2.5 apg, 43% fg, 37% 3pt, 71% ft

PG- James Bolden (West Virginia) 6'0" 175 lbs- 12.2 ppg, 2.6 rpg, 2.4 apg, 41% fg, 35% 3pt, 82% ft

PG- Luwane Pipkins ( Umass) 5'11" 180 lbs- 16 ppg, 5 rpg, 5 apg, 35% fg, 28% 3pt, 81% ft

Dream if we had 3 schollies might be Smits, Pierce, and Cheatham/Grayer

Edited by MichHusker

Just going off Hoiberg's teams at ISU, he definitely liked having a 5 that can stretch the floor.  One thing that I always notices though was they had 3s and 4s that were very athletic and were pretty willing rebounders.  I don't think he would bring in a big 7-footer to stand in the paint, but those ISU teams always had guys that would attack the glass pretty aggressively.

Since this thread seems to be about transfers,  if Hoiberg is the guy I would expect him to excel in  his area.  my guess is Matt Abdelmasssih of St. Johns would join him.   Matt was with Fred at ISU and is known to be a great transfer recruiter.  

Just now, AuroranHusker said:

Maybe he could pull a "Brooke Smith (from VB)" & head back to Lincoln. ha!

I mean... there are examples out there of players in basketball transferring back to where it all started.  Shoot didn't Agau go Louisville-->Georgetown-->SMU-->Louisville?

Just now, hskr4life said:

I mean... there are examples out there of players in basketball transferring back to where it all started.  Shoot didn't Agau go Louisville-->Georgetown-->SMU-->Louisville?

Funny, yeah, I just edited the last post to mention Akoy Agau... amazing to have eligibility enough for that dude to pinball from Louisville to Georgetown to SMU & finally back to L'Ville.

I think there will be options on the transfer market and still HS kids having not decided where they want to go. There will be plenty of options available. 

A lot also depends on what kind of attrition we see on the roster. Nana is obviously one. That would give us 3 open scholarships (Roby stays in this scenario), with no other attrition. 

Whoever the coach is going to be will need to hit the grad transfer market hard and these HS kids who aren't locked up hard. 

18 minutes ago, hhcmatt said:

I think you have to sit two years to transfer in conference

Don’t think that’s the case anymore. Micah Potter I believe mid year transferred this year from Ohio State to Wisconsin. Plus you had the grad transfer that went from Michigan to OSU we all kinda wanted a few years back. Can’t remeber the name 

2 minutes ago, MichHusker said:

Don’t think that’s the case anymore. Micah Potter I believe mid year transferred this year from Ohio State to Wisconsin. Plus you had the grad transfer that went from Michigan to OSU we all kinda wanted a few years back. Can’t remeber the name 

Ah thanks. Grad transfers wouldn't count.