Immediate help for next season

Just taking a flyer here, but Rik Smits' kid Derek is a 7-1 center for Valpo who would be an immediately-eligible transfer.  Wonder if Smits and Hoiberg ever crossed paths in the NBA?  There might be some connection there and, if so, it's not totally out of left field that his kid might visit Nebraska.  Just taking a guess.

5 minutes ago, Norm Peterson said:

Just taking a flyer here, but Rik Smits' kid Derek is a 7-1 center for Valpo who would be an immediately-eligible transfer.  Wonder if Smits and Hoiberg ever crossed paths in the NBA?  There might be some connection there and, if so, it's not totally out of left field that his kid might visit Nebraska.  Just taking a guess.

Well, they did play together in Indiana for four years... But twitter tells me he's visiting NC State this weekend.

Edited by uneblinstu

1 hour ago, thrasher31 said:

Both seven footers, Jayce probably the better player and can get up and down the court more. 

Dominik wouldn't be bad either. My hope is Jayce though. Think he fits in better as a rim runner. 

Looks like Jayce is the one visiting.

https://twitter.com/RobinWashut/status/1119311858656321536?=20

Edited by uneblinstu

I am in favor of transfers if...

- they are a cultural fit

- they will work their collective as*es off

- they are HIGH Division I ballers

- they check their egos at the door and understand, accept and can thrive in the Hoiberg system.

- they are better than the players we previously had...that is not to disparage the players last year. I simply want top ten talent.

I trust the staff.  I am positive they have criteria that the players must fit, but goodness, this is going to be a wild ride.  

15 minutes ago, Huskerpapa said:

I am in favor of transfers if...

- they are a cultural fit

- they will work their collective as*es off

- they are HIGH Division I ballers

- they check their egos at the door and understand, accept and can thrive in the Hoiberg system.

- they are better than the players we previously had...that is not to disparage the players last year. I simply want top ten talent.

I trust the staff.  I am positive they have criteria that the players must fit, but goodness, this is going to be a wild ride.  

Why is that criteria limited to transfers? Why can’t that be what we look for/require in all of our recruits?