Immediate help for next season

3 hours ago, Minnesota_Husker said:

Article shared in Jervay thread says cam Mack already said he isn’t coming to Nebraska...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, but let's look at this logically.  We lost Xavier Johnson because the assistant coach who recruited him left. We granted him a scholarship release even though he signed an LOI with us. And that wasn't for a coaching change but an assistant coaching change. Granted, he didn't follow Kenya to his new school, but it's not unheard of for that kind of thing to change a player's decision.

It obviously makes a difference to Cameron Mack that his primary recruiter (who wasn't the head coach) left.  But, whereas Xavier didn't follow Kenya to his next stop, why wouldn't Mack if we wanted him? It's possible UConn didn't need/want Xavier. But Mack fits a position of need for us. 

We can't recruit him during the dead period.  That might explain him saying he isn't coming.  But if he gets a release and we want him, I don't know that I'd put much weight in anything said to the contrary at this point.

17 hours ago, GATA said:

Mack said he chose St. John’s because “it feels like home here and they have two Hall Fame coaches [Chris Mullin and Mitch Richmond]. 

He must not know that they are in the hall of fame despite how they have coached at St. Johns

RE: Cam Mack

From https://www.jucorecruiting.com/news_article/show/1010271

Cam Mack of Salt Lake CC requested his release from St John's today. The 6'2 PG will be heavily recruited and sought after. He averaged 19.1 ppg, 7.6 apg, 5.9 rpg and 2.4 spg in 28 games this season. He helped Salt Lake to a 20-9 record. The explosive PG wants to go to a program where he will have the opportunity to play right away and make plays. 

2_Cameron_Mack_medium.JPG

I think landing a forward/center who is immediately eligible would be huge in helping retain Roby. 

Roby doesnt like playing the 5. Having a ready to go big body to pair up with a sophomore Heiman could go a long way in helping convince him to stay.

Now all of this is a moot point if he gets a first round grade or high second round.

2 hours ago, khoock said:

I think landing a forward/center who is immediately eligible would be huge in helping retain Roby. 

Roby doesnt like playing the 5. Having a ready to go big body to pair up with a sophomore Heiman could go a long way in helping convince him to stay.

Now all of this is a moot point if he gets a first round grade or high second round.

Roby already announced he's entering the draft.  That ship has sailed, unless he goes undrafted and has a chance to return to school.